washing hands Watch

This discussion is closed.
Elles
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
:confused: you said you had more bacterial growth after having had your hands washed - but how could this be the case if you washed them properly with handwash that lyses the bacteria, even if you have opened up the pores with warm water??

...and it's gonorrhea every time

Edit: i just read your "broken up" bit, but am still miffed as to how you could culture more from the bacterial debris.
i don't know either! that's why it was weird & notable.. but lots of people got the same result.

so the demostrators attributed it to breaking up the colonies - or the action of handwashing itself opening pores or something.

maybe you should henceforth dedicate your life to answering this important Q..? :p:

& lab partner had lots of dubious comments following that session..!
3gangsta
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
thats nt a bad habbit u idiot, its called hygiene
galadriel100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by G_S)
whao i wash my hands every 30 minutes. its a must do thing. is it just me or has anybody else got a bad habit other than "chewing nails"
i always wash my hands. sometimes i just get up from watching tv and go and wash them. i don't even think about it, i just do it.
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I used to have to set things to even numbers, e.g. volume at 20 not 19 or 21 and treadmill on 14.6 not 14.7.

Then I thought damn that's strange and stopped.
sparklyglitter
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I chew everything!Like a dog.Haha.
Mad Vlad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
I used to have to set things to even numbers, e.g. volume at 20 not 19 or 21 and treadmill on 14.6 not 14.7.

Hmm... i do that too

(Original post by 3gangsta)
I think you'll find that its rather obsessive to be honest... that often is not necessary! (unless you work with cooked and uncooked meat of course... ) My point is theres hygiene and then theres just being silly... every 30 minutes is BEYOND silly IMO
Cirsium
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
Exactly!Bit of mold on some bread? Gobble it up or pick it off and eat the rest(which has just as much bacteria you just cant "see" it)
Sorry i'm gonna b narky - i'm revising Unit 4 biology (microbiology) - and i can't stop myself from pointing out that mould is a fungi not a bacterium!! :p: sorry!

(Original post by 3gangsta)
Nobody said it was a bad habit you twazzak! We're just seeing who is obsessive about it!! You try brushing your teeth 15 times in a day - it makes your gums hurt!!
Cirsium
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)

Lol yeh i have that... except i'm more round numbers than even numbers...
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Elles)
i don't know either! that's why it was weird & notable.. but lots of people got the same result.

so the demostrators attributed it to breaking up the colonies - or the action of handwashing itself opening pores or something.

maybe you should henceforth dedicate your life to answering this important Q..? :p:

& lab partner had lots of dubious comments following that session..!
but removing bacteria such as MRSA from your hands in hospital via handwashing is very important in containing infection (!)...why does it get rid of a lot of transferrable disease and still leave lots more bacteria from the pores which can be cultured? :confused:

and i think you should be the one to answer it, being that you brought it up :p:

*remembers not to shake Elles' hand in fear of uncovering lots of sperm cells seeping through the pores*
Elles
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
but removing bacteria such as MRSA from your hands in hospital via handwashing is very important in containing infection (!)...why does it get rid of a lot of transferrable disease and still leave lots more bacteria from the pores which can be cultured? :confused:
yes, i do not endorse not washing your hands.. especially in hospitals (!)

and i think you should be the one to answer it, being that you brought it up :p:
*remembers not to shake Elles' hand in fear of uncovering lots of sperm cells seeping through the pores*
silly me.. i would try not saying anything on an internet forum, but it would make things rather dull.. :rolleyes: twas just a point of interest! because we didn't know why.. probably artefact or the useless soap available commercially..? (though the same one we used post handling all sorts of pathogens & blood..hmm.. :eek: )

& rest assured.. my -unwashed- hands didn't give rise to much! :p:

(Original post by Bekaboo)
Nobody said it was a bad habit you twazzak! We're just seeing who is obsessive about it!! You try brushing your teeth 15 times in a day - it makes your gums hurt!!
*applauds!*
G_S
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
i must also say that in my college the handwash soap is extremely CHEAP.

therefore, call me sad if u like, but i cant wait to get home and wash my handz.!!!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1373)
79.55%
Leave (353)
20.45%

Watched Threads