The Student Room Group

Company Law - Help please!

I need help with a company law problem question. I'm a little confused as to what I should look for.

The company went into liquidation in august 2016 and the liquidator is asking my advice on three instances:

(a) The company generated lots of cash and acted as a source for all the other companies in its group. It lent £1m to other subsidiaries in the group in april 2016. Those other subs are also insolvent and the sum of £1m can't be recovered.

(b) The company has declared dividends for each of the past two years on the basis of accounts which failed to reflect outstanding tax liabilities. If the tax liabilities had been properly accounted for, the company would have no distributable profits. Over that period, shareholders received over £2.5m in dividend payments, of which £1.25m went to the directors who were also shareholders.

(c) The company's finances worsened and in may 2016, the directors had the company repay the directors loan accounts resulting in payments of £20000 to the directors. The loans were repayable on demand.

Thank you so much. I just need some direction and how to go about answering this as well as relevant key points to include.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending