Are these things signs that I am ugly?

Watch
Nothinghere21
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have never been asked out, never been hit on, everybody I askes out rejected me, and never had a boyfriend.

Also, I literally NEVER get compliments from people. My friends compliment each other all the time, but in my case they only seem to pay attention to what's ugly in me, for example small eyes.

Not only are my eyes small, but I also have no breasts, acne and crooked teeth.

So does it all mean people see me as ugly? Should I consider doing a makeover?
H3ARTBROK3N
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That doesn't mean you're ugly. How old are you?
By the way, looks do not matter. Personality matters 100%. I'm assuming you have a great personality by just reading this thread.😊
Nothinghere21
Rep:
?
(Original post by H3ARTBROK3N)
By the way, looks do not matter. Personality matters 100%. I'm assuming you have a great personality by just reading this thread.😊
Thank you very much but unfortunately there are still some cases where our society considers looks as a very important thing. And being seen as ugly is never nice
tipexmaster25
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You're not ugly, you've just been unlucky in the people around you. I bet you've seen tons of people in public who are hardly models but are in happy relationships right? Having a boyfriend/ being asked out does not mean you're attractive, and being attractive doesn't mean you'll have a boyfriend/ be asked out. You'll meet tons of people in your life- friends who will complement you (and ones who won't :/) and lots of other people who you could have a relationship, and just because you haven't found one YET doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you

I'm guessing you're feeling down right now and that's why you're listing the things which are making you feel unattractive, but there is also a list of reasons why you are attractive too. If you really believe doing a makeover will make you more confident and happy then I say go for it, but there's really no need otherwise- most people are too caught up with themselves to care what others look like, and the only reason they'll care so much is because they like you anyway. Don't be so hard on yourself!
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
“Looks do not matter” - they might not be as important as personality, but they still matter, don’t spread BS
The snow bunting
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Darling No! The world has set unrealistic beauty standards for everyone there is no such thing as beauty its a concept shaped around guilt and social hierarchy. Firstly having small eyes is nothing to be ashamed of it is something that people are born with and it really means very little in life. Secondly, if you are really worried about your acne you can go to your GP and see if they can do anything to treat it if it is quite severe otherwise you could try the obvious things of tailoring your skincare/ eating cleaner (If you don't already although in teenagers this is often not the cause of acne it is hormones but it could possibly help), Thirdly, breasts are really not a big deal you can't do anything about it other than plastic surgery which I personally wouldn't recommend. You can try a different kind of bra or try and find flattering tops also if you get some squats in you can work on that booty girl and that might make you feel more confident? As for your teeth, you can try and get braces for free if your dentist will let you on the NHS and you meet the requirements (yes they are horrible for a while but you will be thankful for it later on in life) As for your friends GIRRLLLL reconsider that friendship group if they are calling you ugly run for the hills! That is not the kind of vibe or negativity that you want in your life as it doesn't help your confidence which is beautiful in itself. If your friendship group is overly concerned with their looks I'd reconsider who you were hanging out with if you aren't like that. If you are personally more worried about academia for example then them fretting over their hair is doing nothing for you especially if it's negatively impacting you. And then there are boys. You may be surprised to find out who actually likes you first of all even if you have never been told and you may never even be told. Also, they are really not the be-all or end-all it's natural to want that sort of attention but don't let yourself be defined by it because being an intellectual, independent, well-rounded woman is much more important in my opinion than conforming to a standard set by others for you. There's so much more to what guys look for than just looks no one wants to date a pretty looking void, do they? Show off your personality, your sense of humour and just try to let things come naturally, It may take a while but it will all come eventually. Focus on yourself darling and soon enough all these other things will sort themselves out. All the best X
cherryxberry
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
your probably not as ugly as you think you are but if it makes you feel better and more confident have you tried make-up?
H3ARTBROK3N
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by RaA64)
“Looks do not matter” - they might not be as important as personality, but they still matter, don’t spread BS
Not really. I've fell for people who weren't that attractive but just had a good personality.
H3ARTBROK3N
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Nothinghere21)
Thank you very much but unfortunately there are still some cases where our society considers looks as a very important thing. And being seen as ugly is never nice
You're very welcome. 💛
It's fine but I'm chubby and it has impacted me. I've been rejected a lot of times. It might not even be because of your looks. They might not even be rejecting you because of your looks. They might just not like you.
H3ARTBROK3N
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I mean, maybe you're at an age where people aren't too focused on relationships?
How old are you?
brum-lad
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
e.g my mate is short and has eczema. this should automatically mean he shouldn't be able to get a girl. but his confidence overrides that.

try to not give a **** if people stare at u, reject you. everyone gets rejected. i've never had a gf; you dont see me crying about it do you.
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Not really. I've fell for people who weren't that attractive but just had a good personality.
Okay, not saying they are vital, but they still matter - someone isn’t going to date someone they don’t find attractive, no?
H4ttie03
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Lol I've never been asked out but that doesnt mean I'm not attractive.
I also dont exactly have the largest boobs but who tf cares.
Please dont feel bad about your appearance, if it would make you feel better you can go to the doctors for your acne (my parents made me do that for some spots and it did help). Honestly having small eyes does not matter and ik a lot of ppl who dont exactly have the best teeth and theyve still be hit on/asked out before. Just because you might have some things you dont like about yourself does not mean you're ugly and I'm sure you will find someone one day, you just havent met the right person yet
H3ARTBROK3N
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by RaA64)
Okay, not saying they are vital, but they still matter - someone isn’t going to date someone they don’t find attractive, no?
Yeah that is true. But maybe the person who posted this isn't actually ugly and it's just some people don't find her attractive or the people she likes doesn't like her back.
tipexmaster25
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by RaA64)
Hmm I guess you could be attracted to someones personality
tipexmaster25
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah that is true. But maybe the person who posted this isn't actually ugly and it's just some people don't find her attractive or the people she likes doesn't like her back.
Exactly, she isn't ugly she just has that perception because she's been unfortunate in the reactions of people around her. Being in an environment which makes you feel inadequate, unwanted and irrelevant would make even the most beautiful person doubt themselves.
H3ARTBROK3N
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Also, it's important to know that nobody is ugly. Some people are just not attractive. Ugly is a very strong word and I'd never use that towards my biggest enemy. Plus, you shouldn't take it personal if someone doesn't want to go out with you. It might just be that they don't know you enough or they just don't like you. I've seen really attractive people and never liked them before.
Kerzen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Not only are my eyes small, but I also have no breasts, acne and crooked teeth.
These are things which can actually be dealt with.

If you look on YouTube, there are some good videos showing how you make smaller eyes look larger with make-up. Two shades of shadow, eyeliner, eyelash curlers, mascara, a brow pencil - that will look really good!

An illusion of larger breasts can be created with a well fitting bra - ask at somewhere like John Lewis about having a fitting.

Your GP will advise on acne and will be able to prescribe something which helps.

For your teeth, ask your dentist what would help.

You really aren't ugly, don't even think that for a moment.
Last edited by Kerzen; 4 weeks ago
Nothinghere21
Rep:
?
Yeah, not being asked out is not a sign of being ugly? But not receiving compliments? I've been on other sites and most people told me there that "people do not compliment what they don't think should be complimented"
vix.xvi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah, not being asked out is not a sign of being ugly? But not receiving compliments? I've been on other sites and most people told me there that "people do not compliment what they don't think should be complimented"
that quote is confusing me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (87)
30.96%
Less motivated (194)
69.04%

Watched Threads