Are these things signs that I am ugly?

Watch
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How old are you?

As you grow up you realise not to seek validation from others, hence you would not be bothered whether they compliment you or not.

Usually when someone points out anothers flaws, they tend to be jealous about that person's something else (might be appearance related or quality etc)

All you need to care about is how you see yourself. How do you see yourself?
MayaVellichor
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nothinghere21)
I have never been asked out, never been hit on, everybody I askes out rejected me, and never had a boyfriend.

Also, I literally NEVER get compliments from people. My friends compliment each other all the time, but in my case they only seem to pay attention to what's ugly in me, for example small eyes.

Not only are my eyes small, but I also have no breasts, acne and crooked teeth.

So does it all mean people see me as ugly? Should I consider doing a makeover?
No, you are a beautiful human being and never think otherwise. You shouldn't be so harsh on yourself. Think about it like this, you wouldn't call someone else ugly so don't do the same to yourself.
I used to be quite self conscious about the way I looked... I was always really scared about what people thought of me and I didn't like it. I decided that I was going to change my outlook and instead of looking in the mirror and thinking about all the things I didn't like about my appearance. I would say one thing that i was happy with, like " You know what, my hair looks quite nice today." or something like that. It didn't completely solved my problem, but I am starting to not view myself as "ugly". Anyways that was what helped me. Hope it helps you too...
Nothinghere21
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by vix.xvi)
that quote is confusing me
Or "People don't compliment what they think doesn't deserve to be complimented"
vix.xvi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Or "People don't compliment what they think doesn't deserve to be complimented"
ahh ok that makes sense
EllaRose12
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You look LOVELYYYY 💕💗💕💞💓💗❣️ sending hearts
Neha Shukla
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have never been asked out, never been hit on, everybody I askes out rejected me, and never had a boyfriend.

Also, I literally NEVER get compliments from people. My friends compliment each other all the time, but in my case they only seem to pay attention to what's ugly in me, for example small eyes.

Not at all, there is nothing like being ugly or super beautiful. You can deal with acne problems but there is no need to worry about the things which you can not change. There is no need to have a make over. Just start considering yourself beautiful and work on your attitude. Nobody complemented me at all but I never ever think about others thought about myself. Don't give a dammn about others and live your life like a princess...
elscha_bandito
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago

I’m sure you’re beautiful! I have really big eyes, medium sized breasts and small teeth and honestly I’m really self conscious about them all, so no matter what anyone looks like they will still be self conscious and comparing them selves to others. I act confident and like I don’t care but tbh I feel ugly and hate what I look like a lot of the time so I’m just saying everyone feels bad about them selves sometimes, so don’t worry too much I bet you are perfect! <3
Nothinghere21
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by elscha_bandito)
I’m sure you’re beautiful! I have really big eyes, medium sized breasts and small teeth and honestly I’m really self conscious about them all, so no matter what anyone looks like they will still be self conscious and comparing them selves to others. I act confident and like I don’t care but tbh I feel ugly and hate what I look like a lot of the time so I’m just saying everyone feels bad about them selves sometimes, so don’t worry too much I bet you are perfect! <3
You do fit society's beauty standards though. So even if you yourself don't consider yourself beautiful, a majority of other people probably will. I barely have anything that fits society's beauty standards
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (84)
21.43%
No (308)
78.57%

Watched Threads