Clarachan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hey, I just received my gcse results a week ago. As you might know, this year is a bit different. I did’t satisfied results so I talked to the school. However, the school refused to take a review of all the work I’ve done in the two years. Why is that? And also the government said appeal can only done when the school approves. This is really unfair! Other than taking an exam in autumn, are there any options? Thank you very much!
GintokiS
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I don't think you can appeal to say if you could've done better in the exams or if you doubt their judgement. I think you can only do it if you think they entered your grades wrong. But sometimes it doesn't work. I know someone who got a 3 in maths because the teacher accidentally entered it instead of a 5.
Clarachan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by GintokiS)
I don't think you can appeal to say if you could've done better in the exams or if you doubt their judgement. I think you can only do it if you think they entered your grades wrong. But sometimes it doesn't work. I know someone who got a 3 in maths because the teacher accidentally entered it instead of a 5.
Ok. But why is that? Does the government have really strict rules on calculating grades? Why doesn’t the government calculate it by itself but relying on my school. I don’t think my school is making fair judgement since I never got a grade 8 in any tests or something, they gave me a 9 in physics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (643)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (814)
42.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.68%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.48%

Watched Threads