mr.monkey2203
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone!

I hope you are well. I just wanted to ask you if you could tell me, in all honesty, what are my odds of getting into an MSc Finance at the following universities:

-MSc Finance Bocconi
-MSc Finance ESSEC
-MSc Finance EDHEC
-MSc Finance Imperial

My profile:

-3rd Year BSc Political Economy student at KCL (on track for a 1st)
-Taken modules like Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Advanced Macroeconomics, Mathematics for Economics, Econometrics etc.
-Undergraduate Research Fellow
-Worked as research assistant and research intern at a research institute (field of linguistic and computational analysis)
- Took admin roles (e.g. secretary or VP) in different Uni societies (Asset Management, Financing Group Society, Political Economy)
- Still have to take the GMAT (simulations between 690-720 with Q47 V44)

On the same note, would I have more chances of getting into a masters in management at the same universities? Would my profile match best an MSc in Economics (I know that ultimately the choice comes down to what I would prefer to do but I would still like to hear your opinion)
Elias Secchi
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I can answer only about Bocconi

Your profile is good, with your BSc you can apply for every MSc

Generally speaking, the MSc in Finance is (with the MSc in International Management) the most hard to get into.

It may be easier to get into the MSc in Administration Finance and Control (I don't know how much easier), the MSc in Management (that has a Corporate Finance track) or the MSc in Economic and Social Sciences (the real MSc in Economics, relatively easy to get into but really challenging, the best choice if your goal is to apply for a PhD after graduation)
mr.monkey2203
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi Elias, thank you very much for your answer. I guess I am not too interested into a PhD after my MSc. What I am looking for is an MSc that would help me to land an entry level job at the ECB, the EIB or the World Bank. I was also thinking about the Economics and Management of Government and International Organizations. Have you got any info/experience with that?
danielryre
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It all depends on what your long term goal is. I would suggest you also focus on getting a CFA if possible, as it is much more recognized and respected than any MSc degree in general.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (88)
21.57%
No (320)
78.43%

Watched Threads