han1all
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am applying for a job I have two choice as what I want to work either healthcare assistant or support worker
What is health care assistant and support worker?
What is the difference between healthcare assistant and support worker
Which is better?
Anonymousbihhh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends on what your future career is really, healthcare assistants work a lot more clinically.
BlueLightDriver
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by han1all)
I am applying for a job I have two choice as what I want to work either healthcare assistant or support worker
What is health care assistant and support worker?
What is the difference between healthcare assistant and support worker
Which is better?
You'd have to check the job descriptions, because they can be used to describe many tasks. But a HCA should be more medical, and could involve tasks such as basic observations (eg doing resp rate, blood pressure, GCS and reporting back to a nurse), possible wound dressing, assisting bed bound patients with toileting, possible blood taking. A support worker would be helping with non-medical tasks so may be helping patients to get dressed or to eat food, again maybe helping with toileting/

Which is better depends on you. If you want to go into a medical role then HCA may give you more experience. A support worker will be more for you if you don't want medical tasks. Both are really important in helping people
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In my understanding, a HCA is someone who works in hospital assisting nurses with observations, personal care of patients, meals, sometimes doing bloods and catheters. Support workers (that I have known) work in the community assisting people with learning difficulties and mental health issues.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads