The Student Room Group

Tips for putting on weight?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Gundabad(good)
Remember, once you gain weight it's hard to lose it.

I don’t want too loose it tho. I just want to gain some more (not too much so I’m overweight) and then tone up:smile:
Original post by Lauododns
It’s such an awful feeling isn’t it. Yeah maybe your right maybe nothing will work:frown: x

Dont feel bad about it, embrace your thinness! Domt let ppl bring you down as ik it sucks having ppl point it out all the time but as long as you're healthy then it's fine
Mayonnaise, LOTS OF FULL-FAT MAYONNAISE! : ) oh and FULL-FAT YOGHURTS : )
Reply 43
Original post by WhisperWillow
So I have a huge problem gaining weight because of genetics and all that so what has worked for me is eating normal meal portions at least ever 3 hours from when I wake up. snacking is optional but I find snacking doesnt necessarily lead to healthy weight. I also don't drink coke, I stick to diet if I have it and same goes for ant other fizzy drinks. But I still stick with water mostly. it doesn't work the quickest but as long as your meals are the same portions as before and your eating those meals within the 3 hours daily you should see a weight increase

Oh I’ve not heard of this idea before! Sounds like it could actually work for me thanks for that! I might actually try this starting tomorrow
Reply 44
Original post by gtty123
Yeah sure 🙂. A TDEE is your 'Total Daily Energy Expenditure'. Once you input your information (based on your stats) you'll get a figure called your 'maintenance'. Your maintenance calories are the calories you need to consume to maintain your weight. For example, let's say your TDEE was 2700. If you wanted to 'bulk' you'd eat between 2900 to 3000 calories for a safe and healthy weight gain. If you wanted to lose weight you'd eat 500 calories less than that figure.

Careful here (the bold highlighted point). You, unfortunately, don't determine where you lose weight. You can't "grow [your] bum without [losing] fat [in] other places". Either you gain muscle or you don't. I don't mean to come across harsh here, I'm just being honest so you won't get mislead 🙂.

Use this calculator to determine your TDEE: https://tdeecalculator.net

However, keep in mind that no calculators are accurate. You'll only find out what works for you through 'trial and error'.

You’ve explained that so well thank you!!! Going to do this thanks so much
Oh I’ve not heard of this idea before! Sounds like it could actually work for me thanks for that! I might actually try this starting tomorrow

give it a week or so for some sort of results or maybe a bit more by it does add the pounds depending on how you eat. when you have all the meals make sure to have proper meals. filling ones- again don't eat more than you'd normally have in a meal. just eat thosenotmal meals more often consistently. obviously for best results don't stray from the diet.

tell me how it works out for you
(edited 3 years ago)
You’ve explained that so well thank you!!! Going to do this thanks so much

No worries. I'm happy to help 🙂. If you need to ask anything else, let me know.
Reply 47
Original post by H4ttie03
Dont feel bad about it, embrace your thinness! Domt let ppl bring you down as ik it sucks having ppl point it out all the time but as long as you're healthy then it's fine

Aw thank you!:smile: I do want to do it for me too but I probably should just accept my body for what it is your so right!
Reply 48
Original post by SouthBridge24
Mayonnaise, LOTS OF FULL-FAT MAYONNAISE! : ) oh and FULL-FAT YOGHURTS : )

I cant tell if this is a joke haha
Reply 49
Original post by WhisperWillow
give it a week or so for some sort of results or maybe a bit more by it does add the pounds depending on how you eat. when you have all the meals make sure to have proper meals. filling ones- again don't eat more than you'd normally have in a meal. just eat thosenotmal meals more often consistently. obviously for best results don't stray from the diet.

tell me how it works out for you

yeah I’ll definitely give it time To start to work! I’m so excited this honestly sounds like it could work for me I can’t wait. Definitely I’ll come back in a couple week and let u know!
I cant tell if this is a joke haha

You decide 😂😂😂😂
Original post by Ali12121
Bit vague? Your advice is stupid and generic.

His advice is neither stupid nor generic. If someone wants to gain weight then they’ll have to eat in a small-moderate calorie surplus. He even suggested a number of calories which is more than what you did. You just said to eat more, so I fail to see how that is less generic?

Also, please point out which part of the advice is stupid. I’m failing to see it but I’m clearly not on the same level as you when it comes to nutrition. Educate me.
thank you this is very helpful! I went through a phase where I ate really fatty/junk foods and it didn’t work so I tried eating like Loads healthy fats and it didn’t work either. But I’ll definitely try adding more meat potato’s ect that might work. I’ll try have bigger meal portions and maybe less fatty snacks

The most important thing is just to keep eating healthily. Yes, you *might* need to gain weight to be at a healthy weight, but it won't do much good if you only gain unhealthy fats, if that makes sense? A balanced diet is more important than anything else!
I don’t want too loose it tho. I just want to gain some more (not too much so I’m overweight) and then tone up:smile:

Okay then. But don't say I didn't warn you.
You are a healthy weight for your height.
Original post by Prettykc001
Hello I have apetamin in stock which stimulates your appetite and promote weight gain. If you're still interested & please be sure to follow my bussiness page for more info and results Instagram.com/prettykcollections_

Stop promoting harmful drugs.
I’m 4’11 and 7 stone and everyone always goes on about how skinny I am so I’d like to put weight on. Cause I’d love to start running again but I noticed my bum/boobs go first which makes me look even more skinner. Please help guys!

Eat more but the high nutrition stuff.
don’t go binging on cake and biscuits but things like fish, lean meat, potatoes are good for calories without the fat
Cake bruv

Eat lots of cake

One cake a day
Reply 58
I had this problem too, I was 7 stone last year and now I’m 10 ( trying to go back to 9 ). To be honest I started eating more food that had carbs such as pasta and bread which helped me. I also had a lot more fast food than I previously had. Exercising such as squats and lunges will help the butt area to grow, you just have to be consistent with it

Quick Reply

Latest