Why are girls so cold online but not in person?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I'm 19 years old and I have noticed that girls are very cold online. I've had tinder for years and I get lots of matches which means girls must find me attractive but almost all of my matches don't reply to my messages. Only a few girls actually reply but after a message or two they just stop replying. Also it usually goes, cheesy pickup line since you're not allowed to talk like normal human beings if you say hi they most definitely will not answer. Then it's me asking them questions how are you, where are you from, what do you do then it's just one word answers. I'm too shy to talk to girls in person but is that how talking to girls actually goes in person? Guys just asking questions and the girl sitting there replying in short answers and not asking the guy any questions in return? Also girls get tons and tons of attention from guys on social media, even unattractive girls. You'd never get an attractive guy on insta with thousands of followers but it happens with girls all the time. Also it seems girls need to be treated like gods. I added some girls from my halls that had as much as 30+ mutual friends on facebook, I'd seen them about but never talked to them. Their names were in people you may know so I added and they blocked me. Also a random Phillipino girl added about 20+ guys at my uni including me. I thought she was at my uni at first but she wasn't just some random Phillipino girl who doesn't even speak English. She was about 18 average looking. Every single guy accepted the friend requests. If it was reveresed and a random guy from across the world added girls at a uni with mutual friends they'd never accept. Throughout history yes females have been oppressed but today it seems when it comes to the aspect of relationships girls have it very very easy and guys very very hard.In person you see hundreds of unattractive guys with gorgeous girlfriends, in nightclubs girls will make out with any guy they see. All of these in person meetings girls are fine with but online if an attractive guy messages on tinder they don't reply. Why is this? Even if the account is verified to be them? I don't like hearing 'they much prefer to meet in person first'. Guys aren't serial killers, they're just normal guys on tinder just like the ones girls meet in person. Why do girls even bother getting tinder if they just ignore guys. One of my friends said he thinks it's just a game of smash or pass for girls whereas guys actually want to talk. But back to my question why are girls so standoffish online but not in person?
jae jae
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
because we have other stuff to worry about😑
Last edited by jae jae; 2 months ago
vix.xvi
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
uh i thinks its just the way it is

tbh I'm quite the same online and in person...im not standoffish cuz thats just rude lol
chocolate_fan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Don't forget the enter button.
Paragraphs are your friend, don't fear them!
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm 19 years old and I have noticed that girls are very cold online. I've had tinder for years and I get lots of matches which means girls must find me attractive but almost all of my matches don't reply to my messages. Only a few girls actually reply but after a message or two they just stop replying. Also it usually goes, cheesy pickup line since you're not allowed to talk like normal human beings if you say hi they most definitely will not answer. Then it's me asking them questions how are you, where are you from, what do you do then it's just one word answers. I'm too shy to talk to girls in person but is that how talking to girls actually goes in person? Guys just asking questions and the girl sitting there replying in short answers and not asking the guy any questions in return? Also girls get tons and tons of attention from guys on social media, even unattractive girls. You'd never get an attractive guy on insta with thousands of followers but it happens with girls all the time. Also it seems girls need to be treated like gods. I added some girls from my halls that had as much as 30+ mutual friends on facebook, I'd seen them about but never talked to them. Their names were in people you may know so I added and they blocked me. Also a random Phillipino girl added about 20+ guys at my uni including me. I thought she was at my uni at first but she wasn't just some random Phillipino girl who doesn't even speak English. She was about 18 average looking. Every single guy accepted the friend requests. If it was reveresed and a random guy from across the world added girls at a uni with mutual friends they'd never accept. Throughout history yes females have been oppressed but today it seems when it comes to the aspect of relationships girls have it very very easy and guys very very hard.In person you see hundreds of unattractive guys with gorgeous girlfriends, in nightclubs girls will make out with any guy they see. All of these in person meetings girls are fine with but online if an attractive guy messages on tinder they don't reply. Why is this? Even if the account is verified to be them? I don't like hearing 'they much prefer to meet in person first'. Guys aren't serial killers, they're just normal guys on tinder just like the ones girls meet in person. Why do girls even bother getting tinder if they just ignore guys. One of my friends said he thinks it's just a game of smash or pass for girls whereas guys actually want to talk. But back to my question why are girls so standoffish online but not in person?
Hi,

Us girls have a lot to deal with behind the scenes and although it may look like we like the attention, we don't bother replying with effort if your pick up line has been overused or is bad. Same goes if you don't spark our attention. I guess maybe approach girls a different way, something in a way that makes you more alluring and down to earth. We deal with a lot of unwanted attention, but also I just ghost people because I don't have enough energy to reply to them.

Hope that helps
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It sounds like you ask too many questions at the beginning? Just pick up a conversation, no need to treat them like they're on Jeopardy :lol:

Girls complain about the same points that you just made but about guys, its how online dating is not just girls in general.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

have a look at the chart on how much girls on tinder swipe and meet up with dates

https://highvaluedaygame.files.wordp...ng?w=768&h=286

https://highvaluedaygame.com/2019/10...ey-use-tinder/
BlackkQueen12
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
bc us females tend to be fake and only care about stats
Morebalanation
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It’s in their nature, they only fix up after you f**k the sh*t out of them.

Don’t take them too seriously.
BlackkQueen12
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Morebalanation)
It’s in their nature, they only fix up after you f**k the sh*t out of them.

Don’t take them too seriously.
:rofl:
wow
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Too many sh*tty people on the net
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (626)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (781)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (365)
19.68%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (83)
4.47%

Watched Threads