?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Wtf is going on?
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Long overdue if you ask me, Soccer Saturday's been crying out for a revamp for years. No knowledge or insight into the modern game, just tired cliches, extreme bias and "lads banter". Interested to see who the replacements are.
Last edited by sr90; 4 weeks ago
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The soccer Saturday format needs a complete revamp, it’s been the same cast for a decade now. It was the Soccer AM for dads but the cast have now become grandads, it needs live analysis and it can keep the razzmatazz, similar to how the NFL do their big Sunday afternoon blitz.

The 3 o clock blackout needs to **** off though and legislation needs to be updated to reflect the modern world. 20 more games this season behind the paywall of BT and Sky just isn’t enough whilst the fans are not able to go the ground.
Mess.
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Looks like Micah Richards and Alex Scott are being lined up as the replacements. Much better than the current crop of idiots they are getting rid of but doesn’t really follow the ‘we’ve sacked them to trim staff numbers’ line being peddled by Sky at the minute.
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yo wtf, Thommo is the OG smh.
They’re replacing these man with the young pundits like Glen Johnson who couldn’t even open his mouth.
Shocking
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mess.)
Looks like Micah Richards and Alex Scott are being lined up as the replacements. Much better than the current crop of idiots they are getting rid of but doesn’t really follow the ‘we’ve sacked them to trim staff numbers’ line being peddled by Sky at the minute.
No doubt the old crew are on big salaries and the up and coming pundits will be paid less.

The old pundits haven't bothered to develop with the analysis in the modern day so don't know why anyone is surprised they've been axed.
Mess.
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
No doubt the old crew are on big salaries and the up and coming pundits will be paid less.

The old pundits haven't bothered to develop with the analysis in the modern day so don't know why anyone is surprised they've been axed.
Exactly, they were relying under being banter dinosaurs but it really did sound like old men trying to be down with the yoof.

Richards and Scott are both really good pundits and they have the kind of personality that can sit well on the Soccer Saturday format. I’ve never known anyone with a laugh as infectious as Richards’ though, could watch him opposite Keane all day.
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
Apparently the race aspect has creeped into it. Ian Wright has become very upset about it.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Apparently the race aspect has creeped into it. Ian Wright has become very upset about it.
I mean I think there are trolls out there who are saying they got sacked so that black presenters are hired. Not surprised Ian Wright is up in arms about it.

From what I've seen so far, Alex Scott is a fantastic pundit. Not see as much of Micah Richards yet. Why can't they just be hired on talent alone? Both had distinguished footballing careers.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Football is not just the Premier League. Perhaps they ought to have someone who played much of their career at a lower level.
Malevolent
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
I mean I think there are trolls out there who are saying they got sacked so that black presenters are hired. Not surprised Ian Wright is up in arms about it.

From what I've seen so far, Alex Scott is a fantastic pundit. Not see as much of Micah Richards yet. Why can't they just be hired on talent alone? Both had distinguished footballing careers.
Scott is fantastic. Breath of fresh air, she really does her research and adds insight. The old cast was stale as hell and very rarely do they say anything useful, just unfunny banter. I'm not sure how Merson still has a job, guy doesn't know left from right.
scrawlx101
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm here for it and I wish micah and alex the best of luck!
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Malevolent)
Scott is fantastic. Breath of fresh air, she really does her research and adds insight. The old cast was stale as hell and very rarely do they say anything useful, just unfunny banter. I'm not sure how Merson still has a job, guy doesn't know left from right.
Yea but you know that there will be a small but vocal minority who will scream and shout just because she's female and mixed ethnicity.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (23)
23.71%
No (74)
76.29%

Watched Threads