Almanack
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
If you are an EU citizen with a settlement status, not a British citizenship yet though will you qualify for a student loan in Wales after moving from England or you have to live in Wales for 3 years to get it? Thanks
Joany2020
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Almanack)
If you are an EU citizen with a settlement status, not a British citizenship yet though will you qualify for a student loan in Wales after moving from England or you have to live in Wales for 3 years to get it? Thanks
EU settled status applies to United Kingdom, which Wales is part of. If you have received a settled status, you do not need to worry about applying in Wales.

https://www.studentfinancewales.co.uk/eu.aspx
Almanack
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joany2020)
EU settled status applies to United Kingdom, which Wales is part of. If you have received a settled status, you do not need to worry about applying in Wales.

https://www.studentfinancewales.co.uk/eu.aspx
thanks a lot! its not clear to me yet regarding the finances. The reason I consider starting studying in Wales living in England is that your started studies in EU will not mess up your finances as EU university education doesn't count which is not the case in England. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford it. So if I apply from England to study in Wales whcih circumstances will be taken into account (I haven't obtained a degree)
Joany2020
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry it is a bit difficult for me to understand what you said in your reply. If I read it well, you live in England, have received a settled status, but want to apply to study in Wales?
Desideri
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Almanack)
thanks a lot! its not clear to me yet regarding the finances. The reason I consider starting studying in Wales living in England is that your started studies in EU will not mess up your finances as EU university education doesn't count which is not the case in England. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford it. So if I apply from England to study in Wales whcih circumstances will be taken into account (I haven't obtained a degree)
Where you get student finance from depends on the country you “normally” live in before starting uni. So if you currently live in England, you will have to apply through Student Finance England and fit their terms and conditions, even if you want to go to uni in Wales.
Almanack
Rep:
?
(Original post by Desideri)
Where you get student finance from depends on the country you “normally” live in before starting uni. So if you currently live in England, you will have to apply through Student Finance England and fit their terms and conditions, even if you want to go to uni in Wales.
so would that continue being financed by Student Finance England throughout all studies even if there is no intention to come back to England but to stay in Wales?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
12.57%
I need help researching courses (12)
7.19%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
4.79%
I need help with my personal statement (71)
42.51%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (39)
23.35%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.8%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.78%

Watched Threads