using maths data for further maths CAG

Watch
dh_0926
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Here is my situation:

I study mathematics and further mathematics for a level, and I received my results on the 13th. I got an A* in maths and a B in further maths.

I contacted my school as I had reasons to believe that I deserved at least an A in further maths instead of a B, and it turns out that they put B for my CAG, not an A. And they said that the grades were calculated with professional judgement with objective evidence.

They also told me the methodology behind how they calculated my CAGs for maths and further maths.

They used a combination of the Yr 13 mathematics mock exam grades, and Yr 12 topic tests, at a ratio of 4:1. This exact method was also used for the calculation of my further mathematics CAG.

In conclusion, they used evidence for mathematics when they were calculating the CAG for further mathematics. Nothing from further mathematics was even included in the CAG allocation process - the topic tests, homework/classwork, etc, were not included.

Is it only me who thinks that this is illogical?

Mathematics and Further mathematics are separate subjects for a reason - it doesn't make sense as to why they'd use maths data for further maths grades when further maths data were available.

Please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks for reading!
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (14)
21.54%
I'm not sure (2)
3.08%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (18)
27.69%
I have already dropped out (3)
4.62%
I'm not a current university student (28)
43.08%

Watched Threads