The Student Room Group

Cutting bulking

So I have lost a stone and half in just a month and half. So I was 189lbs that’s about 13.7 stone. Now I’m 160lbs. I’m still a little bit fat on the lower abs. So if any of you have experience have a lot of knowledge on building muscle and losing fat at the same time I need help. My main aim is to get rid of the fat down below completely and then put muscle on or should I start to just put muscle on since I have lost all that weight?
Reply 1
You can't really gain muscle and lose fat (unless you're a beginner). As for advice, I'd say it depends on your goals. Do you want to build muscle? Do you want to lose fat? Are you happy with how you are currently?
How tall are you btw?
Reply 3
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
How tall are you btw?

5ft10
Reply 4
Original post by gtty123
You can't really gain muscle and lose fat (unless you're a beginner). As for advice, I'd say it depends on your goals. Do you want to build muscle? Do you want to lose fat? Are you happy with how you are currently?

I’m looking look to similar to hugh Jackman in wolverine. However I don’t have a similar body frame. Just want to look bulky ripped without hardly any fat.
Original post by Jxf111222
5ft10

I would suggest you get on a lean bulk with a 300kcal surplus.
Reply 6
Original post by Jxf111222
I’m looking look to similar to hugh Jackman in wolverine. However I don’t have a similar body frame. Just want to look bulky ripped without hardly any fat.

That will take time. I'd suggest for you to go on a bulk (about 200-400 calories above your TDEE) and train well i.e. progressively overload and follow a good training program.

Quick Reply