Mojotrooper38
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have failed one of my 1st year modules in Primary teaching twice and have been told I can't continue on my course. However my parents split up during this time and I really struggled with sleeping and concentration . I have since been going to counselling which helped and my course work improved again, but since I failed the module resit I can't continue.
Does anyone have any advice or experience with this ? Could I have a case for getting back on the course or even redoing the year based on the circumstances ?
Thanks
anaban
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, first of all sorry for what you have been through. You should 100% be able to retake the module. You just need to submit extenuating circumstances with your faculty - You failed due to your mental health. You cannot be penalized. Usually with Extenuating circumstances you get another go or extension to deadlines. Good luck.
Mojotrooper38
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
thanks anaban 👍
After explaining as you said the extenuating circumstances, they offered me two options. 1st option to take a gap year to resit the module then return for second year. 2nd to start second year now as normal and resit the module on top. I chose the second option 😁
thanks firstly for replying and also the advice !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (45)
15.85%
I'm not sure (8)
2.82%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (100)
35.21%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.41%
I'm not a current university student (127)
44.72%

Watched Threads