Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am so embarrassed about the fact that I only know english and I really want to become a flight attendant but sadly if you don't know any other languages you are at a huge disadvantage! during gcses i didn't finish my french so is there any way I could learn at home or with a tutor and just add it to my cv without proffesional qualifications?!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am so embarrassed about the fact that I only know english and I really want to become a flight attendant but sadly if you don't know any other languages you are at a huge disadvantage! during gcses i didn't finish my french so is there any way I could learn at home or with a tutor and just add it to my cv without proffesional qualifications?!
Do you mean learn GCSE or just become fluent?
GCSE yes you can buy an online course or teach yourself but you have to find somewhener for the orals and aurals. You might also find a club that practices the language.

You can also buy a course to get you up with fluency- like the moderv versionbs of linguaphone.
I watch this youtuber from time to time and although he is smart and a natural he did teach himself German using this package- no idea of cost.

University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi!

I'm not sure whether this is a specific airline that you have come across that wants you to speak another language, but plenty of my friends are flight attendants and they only speak English! Especially if the flights are short haul, and based in the UK there shouldn't be much pressure on knowing a second language. It would definitely be an advantage, it wouldn't disadvantage you in any way, but as far as I'm aware, this is not a general expectation.

Sophie - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (357)
84%
No (68)
16%

Watched Threads