England to Republic of Ireland!

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi
Do u have to quarantine if you go to Republic of Ireland for 3 days and come back to England? Or when ur there?
Thanks
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You have to restrict your movements while in Ireland, that's not the same as quarantining though
McHotdog
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Sinnoh)
You have to restrict your movements while in Ireland, that's not the same as quarantining though
You have to quarantine in Ireland for 14 days.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by McHotdog)
You have to quarantine in Ireland for 14 days.
Quarantine or restrict Movements in Ireland which one I’m confused? How about when u come to England then do u quarantine?
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Quarantine or restrict Movements in Ireland which one I’m confused? How about when u come to England then do u quarantine?
The Irish government specifically calls it "restricting your movement" where they advise you to stay at home as much as possible and avoid using public transport. It's not quite as strict as if you developed symptoms where they say you can only go outside at all if your home doesn't have an outdoor space.
You have to remain in Ireland for 14 days and hand in a form upon arrival giving your contact details and address, but they do not check this on the way back.
martin7
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
The Irish government specifically calls it "restricting your movement" where they advise you to stay at home as much as possible and avoid using public transport. It's not quite as strict as if you developed symptoms where they say you can only go outside at all if your home doesn't have an outdoor space.
You have to remain in Ireland for 14 days and hand in a form upon arrival giving your contact details and address, but they do not check this on the way back.
Current information for arriving in Ireland is here:
https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/b4...l-advice-list/

... which states explicitly that "you do not need to remain in the country for 14 days."

You don't (currently) need to self-isolate on returning to England, see
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...k-border-rules
as you will not have left the Common Travel Area (unless you've been in the CTA for less than 14 days).
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by martin7)
... which states explicitly that "you do not need to remain in the country for 14 days."
my bad. Yeah they'd hardly complain about someone leaving the country too soon
Anonymous #1
(Original post by martin7)
Current information for arriving in Ireland is here:
https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/b4...l-advice-list/

You don't (currently) need to self-isolate on returning to England, see
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...k-border-rules
as you will not have left the Common Travel Area (unless you've been in the CTA for less than 14 days).
Oh right thank you so much both! So basically I can go to Ireland for 3 days and ‘restrict my movement’ and come back England normally without needing to quarantine there or when I’m back- right?

thanks again I found it so confused looking it up on google cos there was so much information on Northern Ireland not republic
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Oh right thank you so much both! So basically I can go to Ireland for 3 days and ‘restrict my movement’ and come back England normally without needing to quarantine there or when I’m back- right?

thanks again I found it so confused looking it up on google cos there was so much information on Northern Ireland not republic
Yeah
Anonymous #1
Yeah
Thanks a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (63)
4.62%
Uncertainty around my education (212)
15.53%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (151)
11.06%
Lack of purpose or motivation (192)
14.07%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (59)
4.32%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (78)
5.71%
Loneliness (123)
9.01%
Financial worries (47)
3.44%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (63)
4.62%
Exposure to negative news/social media (63)
4.62%
Lack of real life entertainment (72)
5.27%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (118)
8.64%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (124)
9.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed