Is Ali Abdaal just really smart or was he just rich growing up?

Watch
DaLonGDude
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Okay so the most famous "study" youtuber is ali abdaal who happens to have all A stars from secondary to A level and top it off with coming first in his class at cambridge (honesty amazing)

Is it really possible to be this intelligent with hard work or was it his rich family and genes that made him one of the smartest people in the uk.
royalty1702
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DaLonGDude)
Okay so the most famous "study" youtuber is ali abdaal who happens to have all A stars from secondary to A level and top it off with coming first in his class at cambridge (honesty amazing)

Is it really possible to be this intelligent with hard work or was it his rich family and genes that made him one of the smartest people in the uk.
it's not that rare.
The Weeknd.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hard work
nightingalegend
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
whichever one it is i’m jealous
euri_c
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Environment and money can put us at an advantage, however, I don't believe that it overcomes hard work. Whatever money Ali Abdaal's family may have, excessive or not, it doesn't downplay that fact that effort and time were put into his work.
summerbirdreads
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
y

(Original post by euri_c)
Environment and money can put us at an advantage, however, I don't believe that it overcomes hard work. Whatever money Ali Abdaal's family may have, excessive or not, it doesn't downplay that fact that effort and time were put into his work.
yes exactly!!
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
a combination
Last edited by Obolinda; 1 month ago
tazarooni89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DaLonGDude)

I know him personally, and I can tell you that it's entirely about the constant drive to succeed in every facet of life, strong and persistent dedication for whatever he does, as well as intelligence. He does not come from an especially "rich family"; just a normal middle class, single parent household.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads