Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I've been feeling very passive lately . It's been going on for a while but it's getting worse.

I feel as if nothing really matters anymore. I don't feel any motivation to do anything, I feel empty. Like everything is just in the moment but nothing ever lasts.

I don't know who I am anymore. It's like everything is too real but I respond as if it's not and my mind is always blank. I find it so hard to concentrate.

Anyone else feel the same?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
Is something causing you to feel like this? when did you start feeling like this. I would recommend seeing s councillor. Sounds like depression.

My personal advice would be to try new things and take some time off work, school work or just social life. The thing is we are not just going to feel great just by doing nothing. You have ti put effort in to SMILE. try new things and see what you like. Seriously i have learnt that it is the only way to survive in this world. Look at what you have and what others don't. All of these things make you realise that hey my situation isn't so bad. i can handle it.
I really hope you feel great again. Remember life is only once. the option is your on whether you want to dwell on the negative or positive things. At the start it is really hard to not feel empty and be happy but eventually you just naturally start to feel better.

Think about what is the trigger to your emptiness. You need to let go of your past otherwise you won't be able to live.
Do sad songs make you feel empty? try to avoid them. Do friends make you feel empty? take break from people.

I hope this helps. Remember ONLY you can change your life.
F0RESTFAIRY
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've been feeling very passive lately . It's been going on for a while but it's getting worse.

I feel as if nothing really matters anymore. I don't feel any motivation to do anything, I feel empty. Like everything is just in the moment but nothing ever lasts.

I don't know who I am anymore. It's like everything is too real but I respond as if it's not and my mind is always blank. I find it so hard to concentrate.

Anyone else feel the same?
I know exactly how you feel. It's such a horrible feeling and it's so hard to shake. ): just know you aren't alone. And try to figure out why you feel like that, what factors in your life are making you feel this way?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Is something causing you to feel like this? when did you start feeling like this. I would recommend seeing s councillor. Sounds like depression.

My personal advice would be to try new things and take some time off work, school work or just social life. The thing is we are not just going to feel great just by doing nothing. You have ti put effort in to SMILE. try new things and see what you like. Seriously i have learnt that it is the only way to survive in this world. Look at what you have and what others don't. All of these things make you realise that hey my situation isn't so bad. i can handle it.
I really hope you feel great again. Remember life is only once. the option is your on whether you want to dwell on the negative or positive things. At the start it is really hard to not feel empty and be happy but eventually you just naturally start to feel better.

Think about what is the trigger to your emptiness. You need to let go of your past otherwise you won't be able to live.
Do sad songs make you feel empty? try to avoid them. Do friends make you feel empty? take break from people.

I hope this helps. Remember ONLY you can change your life.
(Original post by F0RESTFAIRY)
I know exactly how you feel. It's such a horrible feeling and it's so hard to shake. ): just know you aren't alone. And try to figure out why you feel like that, what factors in your life are making you feel this way?
I don't know. Of course things did happen but I don't exactly dwell on them. I don't really care anymore, it just feels like I'm just existing.
Everything feels numb. I'm trying to take up new stuff like painting.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (77)
18.03%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (123)
28.81%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.47%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.65%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.04%

Watched Threads