The Student Room Group

Geography answer structure (A-Level)

How would I structure this question:

‘Britain’s urban regeneration policies since 1979 have failed to address problems of economic inequality and social segregation. The gap between the richest and the poorest urban residents has widened.’

To what extent do you agree with this statement? (20)

Thanks
So..... you want other people to do your homework for you?
Original post by McGinger
So..... you want other people to do your homework for you?

It’s not homework you ******* and I only said how do I structure it
The censored word was beIIend btw
Reply 4
20 marker essayPlanning of the essay1.Introduction - what are the policies?2.Background to the case study policy and de-industrialisation3.Economic successes4.Economic failures5.Social successes6.Social failures7.Use of facts and figures8.Returns to the question after each major point9.Synoptic links to other geography in CUE10.Synoptic links to other geography modules11.Evaluative conclusion12.Place knowledge13.Conclusion - Which scheme was more successful? Why?This is how my teacher said to structure it
Original post by LawStudent456
How would I structure this question:

‘Britain’s urban regeneration policies since 1979 have failed to address problems of economic inequality and social segregation. The gap between the richest and the poorest urban residents has widened.’

To what extent do you agree with this statement? (20)

Thanks

Hey did u do this question?
Original post by Lemon 24
Hey did u do this question?

I’ve no idea it was a year ago lol

I was probably hoping I’d get given this question as one of my assessed questions

You hoping this will come up in your mock?
Original post by LawStudent456
I’ve no idea it was a year ago lol

I was probably hoping I’d get given this question as one of my assessed questions

You hoping this will come up in your mock?

yh do u have any idea of how to answer this question or what the policies are?

Can’t you look it up in textbook lol. Urban development corporations, enterprise zones and city challenge are the policies I think. London docklands being changed into Canary Wharf is probably an example of one of those policies

Hey uhm not sure if this is right but we did Longbridge in in Midlands for our case study and they hadn't really specified which policies were in place but I think the 1999 Urban Regeneration Companies policy under the labour gov works best as St Modwins is the company that have undertaken the redevelopment along with Birmingham Council.

This can also be used for the London 2012 study as well (i did AQA is i'm not sure if you have the same case studies). It might just be best to research your area of regeneration and see the policies set for that development (these should be in your textbook as well...) and from there working out the benefits and drawbacks, especially to the citizens of the area

Hope that kinda helps...

Quick Reply

Latest