The Student Room Group

Applying for uni abroad (Within Europe) for 2020/21

I know it's a bit weird to ask when all admissions are closed by now but I was wondering, just in case, If I could apply late for any universities outside the UK/Ireland. I'm from Ireland and so I haven't received my results yet and it's making me panic a little that I might not get into any good unis here in Dublin or even in the uk unis I chose. (to study business).
If it is not possible, it is not possible, I just wanted to find another alternative if all fails.
Hi there!
I am German and i think my home country is actually a great place to study, which you could consider for these reasons:
-no tuition fees (though you do have to pay a "semester contribution" of around 300€, but in most counties you get a student ticket that is included in that fee, so you can use all public transport in that county)
-you can start your studies with each new semester, so you could take some time off and start with the summer semester in January next year.
- since youre from Ireland (EU country), you are eligible for a few loans, such as KFW, to help you finance your studies.
Hope this helps x
Original post by Anonymous
I know it's a bit weird to ask when all admissions are closed by now but I was wondering, just in case, If I could apply late for any universities outside the UK/Ireland. I'm from Ireland and so I haven't received my results yet and it's making me panic a little that I might not get into any good unis here in Dublin or even in the uk unis I chose. (to study business).
If it is not possible, it is not possible, I just wanted to find another alternative if all fails.

Not all admissions are closed here in the UK, many universities are still accepting applications for a September start :smile:

Hi mate, I would suggest especially this academic year that you contact all your preferred universities directly as because of the pandemic most universities have extended clearing, for example, I love Nottingham and Nottingham University but I'm using them as an example, they have reopened clearing on Wednesday that's when I got an email in there Bioscience Department (because I registered for clearing to study medicine but im now going to do medicine at NVU (New vision University) in Georgia, for a selective amount of courses so I would suggest after reading this message to contact all the universities of your choosing directly :biggrin: good luck!
Hi there!
I am German and i think my home country is actually a great place to study, which you could consider for these reasons:
-no tuition fees (though you do have to pay a "semester contribution" of around 300€, but in most counties you get a student ticket that is included in that fee, so you can use all public transport in that county)
-you can start your studies with each new semester, so you could take some time off and start with the summer semester in January next year.
- since youre from Ireland (EU country), you are eligible for a few loans, such as KFW, to help you finance your studies.
Hope this helps x

wow I really got hit hard after reading "Ireland (EU country)" ah tu schezi! :biggrin:
Original post by Taylan Cakir
wow I really got hit hard after reading "Ireland (EU country)" ah tu schezi! :biggrin:

Haha, I thought I’d clarify that. I’m studying in the U.K. and it would’ve been much much easier financially (and generally) without Brexit. All loans, etc. Depend on the country being in the eu.
Original post by UniversityOfSunderland
Not all admissions are closed here in the UK, many universities are still accepting applications for a September start :smile:

But just in case I do not do well in my exams and choose to actually sit them in November, will there be an unis willing to take me in early next year when I get my (hopefully) newly improved grades..
Original post by Taylan Cakir
Hi mate, I would suggest especially this academic year that you contact all your preferred universities directly as because of the pandemic most universities have extended clearing, for example, I love Nottingham and Nottingham University but I'm using them as an example, they have reopened clearing on Wednesday that's when I got an email in there Bioscience Department (because I registered for clearing to study medicine but im now going to do medicine at NVU (New vision University) in Georgia, for a selective amount of courses so I would suggest after reading this message to contact all the universities of your choosing directly :biggrin: good luck!

Nottingham is one of the real good schools for Business and my favourite, but I turned down the conditional offer because the grades they were looking far is no different from Ireland's top unis.

That's a good idea though, I guess I will do that and see.
But just in case I do not do well in my exams and choose to actually sit them in November, will there be an unis willing to take me in early next year when I get my (hopefully) newly improved grades..

It's very possible, what course are you interested in studying?
Reply 9
Original post by UniversityOfSunderland
It's very possible, what course are you interested in studying?

Business/Marketing
Business/Marketing

The best thing to do is to give our team a call once you have your results, in the meantime, you can get all the information you need regarding the course here

Quick Reply

Latest