Why are my hips wider then my chest?

Watch
student4765
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi
I am 16 and 5ft 6 I have measured my dimensions and I have wider hips then chest my hips are 37 inches and chest is 36.5. My shoulder are much bigger but i just want to know if this is normal. I don't care that much but I just want to know if it is medecally bad
Thanks I really appreciate it
Advertisement
octo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by student4765)
Hi
I am 16 and 5ft 6 I have measured my dimensions and I have wider hips then chest my hips are 37 inches and chest is 36.5. My shoulder are much bigger but i just want to know if this is normal. I don't care that much but I just want to know if it is medecally bad
Thanks I really appreciate it
That's not weird or worrying at all! Different bodies are proportioned differently, and grow in different shapes and sizes. My chest is 33 and my hips are 37, so my body is also not exactly equal! Most people's aren't, so you have nothing to worry about.
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You're fine. Try not to worry about it. Embrace the body you have, it houses you.
Advertisement
nollliee
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There are no set rules about what someone's chest/bust:hips: ratio should be and no user's guide to the body.

In medical terms, you should try/hope to remain in the average part of a BMI chart. If you can do that throughout life you won't go far wrong.
student4765
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Sorry for waisting your time guys I measured again and my chest was actually 41 inches lol but everything you guys said was correct
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (22)
23.4%
No (72)
76.6%

Watched Threads