TEACH FIRST 2021 Application Form advice - Understanding & Motivation

Watch
Linacre52
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hiya all,

I hope you're all well. I've trawled through old threads but can't seem to find what i'm looking for so thought I'd start a new thread...shy bairns get nowt after all ;-)

I'm not sure if this is the norm these days or a TF thing but I haven't come across any threads/comments about what people wrote in their forms, not even comments including really vague info about what people included in their forms. I could be remembering incorrectly but i'm sure people were a bit more, "free" with sharing and offering advice when i last applied to uni?

Anyway.... :-) if anybody could help me and give me a bit of advice with my form i'd really, really appreciate it! I've completed my form apart from the very (arguably most important ;-) ) question about why I want to apply. Thankfully, i'm not struggling with my answer because i don't know why I want to reply haha! I'm struggling because i have too many reasons lol but basically, when showing you understand the vision how much detail did people go into? Did you kind of just paraphrase the vision in a sentence or two, or did you take it further, be more explicit in what the vision means to you and your views on social justice etc?

Any info would be really, really appreciated.

Thanks,
:-)
Hfernando
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, In my answer, I just talked about the different aims of TF, and how those aims link with the competencies. Also, I mentioned how my aims perhaps correlate with those of TF. There's no right or wrong answer, but it's important to mention ALL the aims of Teach First (so with regards to making good teachers, good leaders, thriving schools, high attainment, social mobility, education equality).
Linacre52
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Hfernando)
Hi, In my answer, I just talked about the different aims of TF, and how those aims link with the competencies. Also, I mentioned how my aims perhaps correlate with those of TF. There's no right or wrong answer, but it's important to mention ALL the aims of Teach First (so with regards to making good teachers, good leaders, thriving schools, high attainment, social mobility, education equality).
Hiya Hfernando,

I hope you are well. Thanks for replying!!!

Your advice about the importance of mentioning all the aims of Teach First was one of the first things I put in my notes about what to include in my answer. However, after much writing, crossing out, starting afresh, scribbling out scribbles I've totally led myself astray, digressed, gone on tangents and failed to mention all them all!!! So, a massive, no a gigantic thank you for bringing me back on track and helping me re-focus. I really appreciate you taking the time to give me a hand.

Good luck with your app!!!

Xx
Hfernando
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Linacre52)
Hiya Hfernando,

I hope you are well. Thanks for replying!!!

Your advice about the importance of mentioning all the aims of Teach First was one of the first things I put in my notes about what to include in my answer. However, after much writing, crossing out, starting afresh, scribbling out scribbles I've totally led myself astray, digressed, gone on tangents and failed to mention all them all!!! So, a massive, no a gigantic thank you for bringing me back on track and helping me re-focus. I really appreciate you taking the time to give me a hand.

Good luck with your app!!!

Xx
yeah no worries at all :-)))))) nice to hear you are back on track

Good luck with your application! Hope it goes well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (61)
21.11%
No (228)
78.89%

Watched Threads