Should I take an autumn series exam???

Watch
Barryallen1234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi so I don’t know whether or not to take an autumn series exam. I want to do it for physics because my CAG was a B but I was predicted an A*. It’s bummed me out a lot since I’m going to study physics and getting a B has left me feeling inadequate. I know I shouldn’t put so much worth into grades especially since I didn’t even take an exam but I can’t help it. I was dissatisfied with almost all my grades so if I could change one I’d feel a lot better. Hopefully I could turn my B into at least an A. However im wondering if it’s worth it because I still got into my firm, really I think it’s just a pride thing. I don’t if I should just deal with it or try and take the exam. Any thoughts?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Barryallen1234)
Hi so I don’t know whether or not to take an autumn series exam. I want to do it for physics because my CAG was a B but I was predicted an A*. It’s bummed me out a lot since I’m going to study physics and getting a B has left me feeling inadequate. I know I shouldn’t put so much worth into grades especially since I didn’t even take an exam but I can’t help it. I was dissatisfied with almost all my grades so if I could change one I’d feel a lot better. Hopefully I could turn my B into at least an A. However im wondering if it’s worth it because I still got into my firm, really I think it’s just a pride thing. I don’t if I should just deal with it or try and take the exam. Any thoughts?
if you got into your firm then i wouldn't do it.
Buzzingbee188
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hey , I get you. That happened to one of my A levels . I also got into my firm so I'm just happy to have gotten in and I'm not going to retake. The answer to your question is whatever you feel will make you happy. You can always prove how good you are at the subject you're taking at uni .But if you find yourself deciding to retake in autumn you can defer your place for a year and maybe get a job and save up for uni. I'm sure you will make the choice that's right for you.

(Original post by Barryallen1234)
Barryallen1234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Buzzingbee188)
Hey , I get you. That happened to one of my A levels . I also got into my firm so I'm just happy to have gotten in and I'm not going to retake. The answer to your question is whatever you feel will make you happy. You can always prove how good you are at the subject you're taking at uni .But if you find yourself deciding to retake in autumn you can defer your place for a year and maybe get a job and save up for uni. I'm sure you will make the choice that's right for you.
Thanks for the advice!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (17)
17.35%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (28)
28.57%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (10)
10.2%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (10)
10.2%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
5.1%
I think it's an unfair expectation (26)
26.53%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
2.04%

Watched Threads