The Student Room Group

Sixth form problem

Hello, I have a problem and I need some guidance.
I applied to a couple sixth forms, my secondary's sixth form (A) and this other one (B) and I really wanted to go to another one (C).
My problem is that I applied to go to A and B, but I forgot to put down C as a second option as B and C are linked schools (I know really silly of me). So I emailed C a couple days ago (after results day) and they said 'we have put you down on file', even though I didn't do the form. So I called C today and they said there aren't anymore spaces, which is my fault I should have put down C's name on the form. Because B was demanding to enrol asap, and I wasn't getting responses from C, I turned down B's offer. I called B and they said they'll put me on the waiting list. So now I don't know what to do, I'm still enrolled at A but it is far.
Where did you have to put down C as a second option?
Which sixth form do you want to go now?
Original post by dontaskaboutmy
Hello, I have a problem and I need some guidance.
I applied to a couple sixth forms, my secondary's sixth form (A) and this other one (B) and I really wanted to go to another one (C).
My problem is that I applied to go to A and B, but I forgot to put down C as a second option as B and C are linked schools (I know really silly of me). So I emailed C a couple days ago (after results day) and they said 'we have put you down on file', even though I didn't do the form. So I called C today and they said there aren't anymore spaces, which is my fault I should have put down C's name on the form. Because B was demanding to enrol asap, and I wasn't getting responses from C, I turned down B's offer. I called B and they said they'll put me on the waiting list. So now I don't know what to do, I'm still enrolled at A but it is far.

I guess the only thing you can do is go to A next week and hope that a place opens up at B or C? Or you could try and contact B or C again I guess and see if they could make an exception for you? In my experience though, unless you’re changing schools to a sixth form college where everyone is new, staying at your current school (if it’s a good school) is sometimes the best option - your teachers already know you and you probably have friends from secondary. Anyway, good luck whatever you do - I’m sure it will turn out ok in the end 😊
Original post by RazzzBerries
Where did you have to put down C as a second option?
Which sixth form do you want to go now?

The schools B and C are linked through the council at the county I live at, A is in another county (I went for a secondary there as the secondary's in my county aren't that good). And I most definitely want to go to C :frown:
Original post by dontaskaboutmy
The schools B and C are linked through the council at the county I live at, A is in another county (I went for a secondary there as the secondary's in my county aren't that good). And I most definitely want to go to C :frown:

Keep A for the time being (go there next week if it comes to that).
Call C and explain about your file and the situation and how you're enthusiastic about starting there. Hopefully they'll have places, because it may be the case that after the first week people might drop out of C to go to a different sixth form.
Would you say B > A? In that case, if C does turn you down (fingers crossed they don't!), you could go there?
Original post by Elena :)
I guess the only thing you can do is go to A next week and hope that a place opens up at B or C? Or you could try and contact B or C again I guess and see if they could make an exception for you? In my experience though, unless you’re changing schools to a sixth form college where everyone is new, staying at your current school (if it’s a good school) is sometimes the best option - your teachers already know you and you probably have friends from secondary. Anyway, good luck whatever you do - I’m sure it will turn out ok in the end 😊

Aw thank you, I have a friend going C so she is going to ask them what I should do (I have tried calling and emailing the admissions office but they wont reply), my secondary is a good school but sometimes I find it quite hard to commute there, especially after school.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest