Nef2k
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have just finished my fitness test (Passed) and the next stage will be OASC. I haven't been given a date yet but was curious as to the approx date for it, and for hearing back after completing it.

I'm assuming that the wait before/after OASC will be longer than the usual due to the 'queue' that has probably formed during the lock down. However again, I am not certain and thought it best to get other's experiences and opinions.

I'm just a bit nervous that my CBAT score will expire beginning of Feb and I'll have to do it again.

Thanks.
RAF_Adam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nef2k)
I have just finished my fitness test (Passed) and the next stage will be OASC. I haven't been given a date yet but was curious as to the approx date for it, and for hearing back after completing it.

I'm assuming that the wait before/after OASC will be longer than the usual due to the 'queue' that has probably formed during the lock down. However again, I am not certain and thought it best to get other's experiences and opinions.

I'm just a bit nervous that my CBAT score will expire beginning of Feb and I'll have to do it again.

Thanks.
Hi

If you've been given and taken your fitness test then you shouldn't have too long to wait before you get your OASC date. No on can give you a timescale as the covid 19 situation has caused many different issues and we've been doing what we can to overcome all of them and keep everyone safe throughout the process.

Yes, there is a delay, but OASC will be aware of your CBAT scores and the timeline you're on, don't worry.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Nef2k
Rep:
?
Thanks a lot Adam, helpful as always (Fast too!)
Stelios76
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I went through OASC a couple of days ago, it seems as if the high priority roles are being put through OASC first. So your chosen role may impact the time it takes for you to receive a date.
Nef2k
Rep:
?
Thanks Stelios76. I have gone for WSO so hopefully that might help it a little. Hope your results from OASC go well!
AlphaTango
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
CBAT is 3 years now unless you did it Feb 17?
3000or914
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Quick question to RAF Adam or anyone else who may know...If a candidate previously received a recommendation post OASC but not an offer, is it possible they might not have to attend OASC again if they re-apply? Assessed on case by case basis, previous board score, branch manning requirements?
RAF_Adam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 3000or914)
Quick question to RAF Adam or anyone else who may know...If a candidate previously received a recommendation post OASC but not an offer, is it possible they might not have to attend OASC again if they re-apply? Assessed on case by case basis, previous board score, branch manning requirements?
Hi

That's going to depend on a lot of different factors. The role you applied for, what the recommendation was, requirements for the RAF at any given time (manning etc). How long ago it was, whether it required CBAT and if scores are still valid etc.

Are you still awaiting a response from OASC? Or did you withdraw and application?

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
3000or914
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Adam, thank you for the quick response. I’m waiting for a fitness test date so my application can be transferred from AFCO to OASC, previous fitness test expired. All else OK.

I appreciate I have asked the somewhat unanswerable and won’t know until my application is back at OASC again. Just trying to gauge potential time frames, as best as one can in the current circumstances. Seems there is a possibility and knowing that allows me to gauge things a little more.

Kind regards,
Last edited by 3000or914; 1 month ago
Vinny247
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, with regards to OASC now during covid. I was wondering how they do the hangar exercises if everything has to be socially distanced. Have they designed completely new challenges or just adapted some of the old ones? I'm currently waiting for new OASC dates for (AS) Eng having previously completed OASC last year achieved a weak Rec but wasn't taken. I know you're not allowed to talk about the specific design tasks but just wanted to know if its all new or just adapted.Thanks.
Nef2k
Rep:
?
(Original post by AlphaTango)
CBAT is 3 years now unless you did it Feb 17?
Ah, I've been reading too many old posts. Thanks for the reminder!
Stelios76
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Vinny247)
Hi, with regards to OASC now during covid. I was wondering how they do the hangar exercises if everything has to be socially distanced. Have they designed completely new challenges or just adapted some of the old ones? I'm currently waiting for new OASC dates for (AS) Eng having previously completed OASC last year achieved a weak Rec but wasn't taken. I know you're not allowed to talk about the specific design tasks but just wanted to know if its all new or just adapted.Thanks.
There is social distancing incorporated were possible, you are sat 2ms apart from your syndicate, but the tasks are pretty much the same
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (190)
29.41%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.41%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.98%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.36%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.89%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.81%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.88%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed