_Tris_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I’m doing the direct access with UEL and I can’t find the course on the nhs bursary website.

It’s a foundation course I f two so I don’t know if that’s the difference.
gilme007
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi I'm also doing that course, have you found out if we do or not?
FalloutZappy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by gilme007)
Hi I'm also doing that course, have you found out if we do or not?
Hey am interested in it, but i don't know where to start regarding to finding employers.
gilme007
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by FalloutZappy)
Hey am interested in it, but i don't know where to start regarding to finding employers.
So for the degree, you don't need an employer. You'll be sent out on placement by your university, that will all be sorted out by them. However, if you are looking to do the degree apprenticeship then you would need an employer for that. I would suggest the best way to find an employer for that is to look on the NHS job site.
arantzalowe
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I also am applying to the same Nursing Associate Foundation Degree in UEL and was wondering the same! When I read that the Course is "self-funded" I got confused... what does that mean??
Last edited by arantzalowe; 4 months ago
FalloutZappy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by arantzalowe)
I also am applying to the same Nursing Associate Foundation Degree in UEL and was wondering the same! When I read that the Course is "self-funded" I got confused... what does that mean??
Am currently on an apprenticeship through NHS been doing it for a couple of months, i asked them about the nursing degree, it's very competitive apparently due to it being at full wage but they will support you. The only thing I realised about nursing etc within the NHS is the management and the staffing problems, I didn't realise how bad it is. Some days it can be enjoyable but some I really hate it, I wish I did office work over my current role, I know it sounds daft but before I started I applied for admin apprenticeships through the NHS but could never get them.
Emily_B
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
NHS funded = the NHS covers the course costs for you
Self funded = you/SFE pays the course costs.
arantzalowe
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Emily_B)
NHS funded = the NHS covers the course costs for you
Self funded = you/SFE pays the course costs.
Oh, thank you for this! I understand now
Franny00100
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi, just wondering if anyone know by know do the nursing associate degree students get the bursary and the same grants/loans of normal degree students?? Thanks 😊
arantzalowe
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Franny00100)
Hi, just wondering if anyone know by know do the nursing associate degree students get the bursary and the same grants/loans of normal degree students?? Thanks 😊
I have been told that a Nursing Associate student doesn´t receive the 5000 NHS Grant. That´s only for a proper Nursing Degree.
But Student Finance does cover a Univerity Undergraduate Nursing Associate Course, just as any other Undergraduate Course.
Franny00100
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I have been told that a Nursing Associate student doesn´t receive the 5000 NHS Grant. That´s only for a proper Nursing Degree.
But Student Finance does cover a Univerity Undergraduate Nursing Associate Course, just as any other Undergraduate Course.
Thank you for replying. I hope we would still get the maintenance loan??
arantzalowe
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Franny00100)
Thank you for replying. I hope we would still get the maintenance loan??
Yes, certainly.
Whatever Tuition Fees and Maintenance Loan one is entitled to, one would still receive.
That would be that same as with any other Undergraduate Course, as long as the University where you´re going to is covered by SFE.
I would check this out by sending a message to them through Twitter e.g and telling them the Uni and Course you´re going to so they can assure you of this.
Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (20)
17.39%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (35)
30.43%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
10.43%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
11.3%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
4.35%
I think it's an unfair expectation (28)
24.35%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.74%

Watched Threads