Krood
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I am thinking to apply to Manchester for Data science and am stuck trying to pick between the following courses.

Data Science (Applied Urban Analytics) MSc (1 year)
Data Science (Business and Management) MSc (1 year)
Data Science (Computer Science Data Informatics) MSc (1 year)
Data Science (Environmental Analytics) MSc (1 year)
Data Science (Mathematics) MSc (1 year)
Data Science (Social Analytics) (1 year)
https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/m...data%20science

I know this kind of decision is highly subjective, but I'm wondering what other people think anyway. What would you choose out of these and why?

Anyone who is on the course -- do you know if you are free to change between them once accepted?

Thanks in advance.
nellybelly29
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
This is a late response, but which one you apply for will depend on your background. They all are technically the same program with the same core modules, but the pathways have different entry requirements and pathway-specific courses. So social analytics pathway students take social science-y courses in second semester and maths students take maths-y modules in second semester if that makes sense. If you have a compsci or maths background, I'd consider those pathways and so on. You might be able to change once you start, but it's not common to do so
ArunLuke
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Check out my question here
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (159)
44.41%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (40)
11.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (29)
8.1%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (75)
20.95%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
9.5%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (21)
5.87%

Watched Threads