apphiabrown
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Can you get apprenticeships in teaching? What is needed for them?
unknownCyberxx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by apphiabrown)
Yes but really depends on which type of teaching your tryna do. Some people start with nursery teaching via apprenticeship route then work their way up from a level 2 to a level 3 then attend uni to expand they’re opportunities. It’s very hard to enter teaching without a solid route plus your title will be teacher Assistant if you decide to not take the uni route after level 3 which limits your chances in growth. From experience ...
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by apphiabrown)
Hi there, hoping I can offer some advice.

You can get teaching apprenticeships to become a fully qualified teacher but they are offered at postgraduate level for those who already have a degree - https://www.ucas.com/teaching-option...apprenticeship

You can do apprenticeships in teaching related careers such as teaching assistant at lower levels if you don't have a degree but to become a fully qualified teacher you would need to ultimately go to university to train.

I hope this helps, please do let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks - Sophie.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (85)
21.3%
No (314)
78.7%

Watched Threads