NoIdeaWhatToDoo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I got accepted in UCL after the grade revisal but with no help from the university, I am unable to find any accommodation worth it’s salt. Is anyone looking to defer and thus give up their tenancy? UCL, intercollegiate, it doesn’t particularly matter as long as it is within the vicinity of the university. Thanks.
username5358764
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by NoIdeaWhatToDoo)
I got accepted in UCL after the grade revisal but with no help from the university, I am unable to find any accommodation worth it’s salt. Is anyone looking to defer and thus give up their tenancy? UCL, intercollegiate, it doesn’t particularly matter as long as it is within the vicinity of the university. Thanks.
Don't UCL guarantee accomodation for first-year students? Did you initially apply for accomodation or not?

What is your weekly budget?
NoIdeaWhatToDoo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by sang-jun)
Don't UCL guarantee accomodation for first-year students? Did you initially apply for accomodation or not?

What is your weekly budget?
I got screwed by the standardisation and missed my offer by one grade. Now that I have received my offer with the grade revisal, UCL retracted my accommodation guarantee and have been giving me zero support in getting any other accommodation. I completed an application because they were my firm and handed it in before the deadline but they do not seem to care.

Maxing it out is probably looking at like £325, which covers most types of rooms in halls.
username5358764
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I got screwed by the standardisation and missed my offer by one grade. Now that I have received my offer with the grade revisal, UCL retracted my accommodation guarantee and have been giving me zero support in getting any other accommodation. I completed an application because they were my firm and handed it in before the deadline but they do not seem to care.

Maxing it out is probably looking at like £325, which covers most types of rooms in halls.
At that budget, if I were you, I would be extra brave and rent out privately. In fact, go on Rightmove and search places to rent in Bloomsbury, and there is a place called Albany House. It is where I am going to stay once I complete my first year (when UCL finally respond to my application) and the cost of the place is £265 a week. It is a really nice place for people on a student budget. It is a studio apartment, and is not exactly on the big side, but the room has everything you need. Look it up and tell me what you think of it. Bear in mind that £265 is just the cost of the rent. You do need to pay maintenance bills, which are gas and electricity, water, heating and internet. However, it is very easy to be economical with your finances. If you need help with that, feel free to ask for help.

I am very surprised they are not helping you with accomodation. I am surprised because they changed their status on what halls they will offer. Around a month ago, they said that they will only offer en-suite self-catered halls, and that really put a strain on how many accomodation places are available. However, now that the government have eased the lockdown, they changed their stance, and now every hall is open. I recommend you call them and say that you applied for accomodation on the premise that first-years were guaranteed to receive a place. See what they say.
Last edited by username5358764; 2 months ago
Umberto2001
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi,
Would you be interested in a Connaught hall single room? (About £220 pw)

If so, please contact me ASAP.
Umberto2001
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi Noldea,Would you be interested in a single Connaught hall room? (220 pw catered)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (804)
42.25%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (376)
19.76%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.52%

Watched Threads