The Student Room Group

University Entry Requirements Confusion

The University course I want to apply for has confusing entry requirements being:

DDM - DMM in BTEC Information Technology (or Information Communication Technology), Computing and Engineering.

Notice at the end it says 'and'. Does this mean it expects me to have a individual BTEC in ICT, Computing and Engineering, like an individual diploma for each that are all worth 1 A-Level?

I thought it was a slight grammar error and it means you must have DDM-DMM in BTEC ICT, Computing or Engineering as an extended diploma in a single subject sort of thing (which is what I have D* plus two other D*'s by the end of next year hopefully, all on one course of Computing and IT) but it would be really useful to get perspective on this as it's my firm uni.

The Uni I'm going to is Cardiff University for context.
Original post by jgiff7
The University course I want to apply for has confusing entry requirements being:

DDM - DMM in BTEC Information Technology (or Information Communication Technology), Computing and Engineering.

Notice at the end it says 'and'. Does this mean it expects me to have a individual BTEC in ICT, Computing and Engineering, like an individual diploma for each that are all worth 1 A-Level?

I thought it was a slight grammar error and it means you must have DDM-DMM in BTEC ICT, Computing or Engineering as an extended diploma in a single subject sort of thing (which is what I have D* plus two other D*'s by the end of next year hopefully, all on one course of Computing and IT) but it would be really useful to get perspective on this as it's my firm uni.

The Uni I'm going to is Cardiff University for context.

It doesnt sound like a grammatical error, if each one is officially equivalent to one A-level, then it seems reasonable enough.

To clarify I would recommend sending an email to their department of admissions and ask. They will be able to explain all the requirements and any queries.
Reply 2
Original post by mnot
It doesnt sound like a grammatical error, if each one is officially equivalent to one A-level, then it seems reasonable enough.

To clarify I would recommend sending an email to their department of admissions and ask. They will be able to explain all the requirements and any queries.

Thanks for the help, I just sent off an email to them
Original post by jgiff7
Thanks for the help, I just sent off an email to them

wait which course is this for at Cardiff?
Reply 4
Original post by SouthBridge24
wait which course is this for at Cardiff?

It's the Computer Science BSc. It's quite annoying because I'm on track to get D*D*D - D*D*D* and it might not be relevant for my No. 1 Uni.

Link to course: https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2021/computer-science-bsc
Original post by jgiff7
It's the Computer Science BSc. It's quite annoying because I'm on track to get D*D*D - D*D*D* and it might not be relevant for my No. 1 Uni.

Link to course: https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2021/computer-science-bsc

You can't get a DDM in all three so it must mean they accept an Ext Dip in IT, ICT, Computing or Engineering
Original post by bamtutor
You can't get a DDM in all three so it must mean they accept an Ext Dip in IT, ICT, Computing or Engineering

I mean you could have taken Extended Certificates in the 3 different subjects to get those grades :smile:
Original post by SouthBridge24
I mean you could have taken Extended Certificates in the 3 different subjects to get those grades :smile:

Yes, but it would then ask for separate D or Ms eg D,D,M
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by bamtutor

Ok thanks for the info, I sent an email to their admissions, I hope this is what they reply with

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending