-Request fulfilled-
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sparkey)
PM me your email address and I'll mail it to you
OH MY GOOD GOD YOU CAN ACTUALLY SAY IT!!!!!!!
Sparkey
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
So did you get it? Did it work?
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
So did you get it? Did it work?
Yes! hehe, that's well impressive!
Sparkey
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well that word took a lot outa me so i'm off to bed Night all *waves*
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well that word took a lot outa me so i'm off to bed Night all *waves*
Bye Bye Sarah! :cool:
Luize
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by elpollodiablouk)
Why do people like Bristol Temple Meads? The building itself is quite nice from the outside, but it's horrible and dingy on the inside.
I coudln't agree further.
Their guarded gate system just doesn't work. Hardly anyone goes through the gates, and the guards never check your tickets.
Trying to get help from people is a nightmare. For the size of the station there really is no where near enough seating on the platforms, or seating inside.
Trying to buy advanced tickets takes ages, it would make more sense to have more then one person selling them near holidays.
InterCity125
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrn drobwllllantysiliogogogoch

LLanfair Is a funny sound with the back of your toung and fair pronounced fire
Pwll - is poo with that back of toung sound
Gwyngyll is gwin gi and the toung sound
gogery is like gregory with out the r
chwyrn is a a donald duck sound with a run
drob is like it is spelt
wlll is the funny toung sound again
llantys toung sound and a antis at the end
sillio is silly with an o at the end
gogogoch is GO GO go with a Donald duck sound at the end

It involves a lot of spit
Go to your local station and ask for a ticcket to there - just to see the booking clerk's face. I suppose there would be a lot of huffing as he asks you to spell it, before finding it in the NFM
Question - How do they fit that on to an APTIS ticket?

Even better- ask for a reservation, as he may have to fill out a reservation card by hand!
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Luize)
I coudln't agree further.
Their guarded gate system just doesn't work. Hardly anyone goes through the gates, and the guards never check your tickets.
Trying to get help from people is a nightmare. For the size of the station there really is no where near enough seating on the platforms, or seating inside.
Trying to buy advanced tickets takes ages, it would make more sense to have more then one person selling them near holidays.
oh come on, it's not that bad! my only problem is that there isn't a decent place to eat..

london paddington and bath spa are the best :cool:
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I like London Waterloo without the shops/stalls everywhere.
Liverpool Waterloo is my home station - was there on saturday and couldn't stop grinning ...and only £1.85 for a return into town AND the bloke in the ticket office had a joke with me despite my now ridiculously posh accent
I always try to arrange transfers at Birmingham New Street because there's plenty to pass the time with if you have to wait.
I love the way things sound in Liverpool Lime St - and passing through Runcorn because that means I'm nearly home
ladyshort4u
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i like euston train station - its big and theres loads of stuff to do when your bored waiting for a train! the worst station are all those crappy little underground ones which stink of piss and have grafitti everywhere :banghead: <--------- i love that smiley! so funny!

love ladyshort
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
a good 1 is either euston in london and liverpool lime street.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by No Future)
Worst - Reading West - so small it's not even a station. (Though I've never actually been there, just passed it on the train).
Very true - its basically a bridge with a platform either side, about a metre wide. Also the primary meeting place for the resident drug dealers and prostitutes that live in the area...
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
And the trains all turn round there so you can't go from b'mouth to brum facing forward for the whole way :mad:
m:)ckel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The best one I've been to is Liverpool Street (London), but I think anyone who's been to Walthamstow Central has fallen in love with it :rolleyes:

One of the worst was probably Harlow Mill (Harlow, Essex), mainly because it was after work, and it was so damn boring (and trains only come like once every 40 mins)
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Grand Central and Charing Cross - it has good memories :'(. I'm not going to bother with a worst station. Most of them are much of a muchness.
m:)ckel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
This talk about trains got me thinking about Walthamstow in general, so I googled it.
Click <---Scroll down a little, and you'll see those gorgeous trains I get to ride on the Victoria line

Attached is the Town Hall. It's very close to my home (about 5 mins). In fact, if you go through the 'pillars' circled in red, you get to the back of my road
Attached files
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
And the trains all turn round there so you can't go from b'mouth to brum facing forward for the whole way :mad:
Best bit about it is that the local train that stops there often doesn't have a conductor, so if you're going into Reading from one of the little village stations near where I live you have to pay at Reading main station when you get off...or, as me and my friends used to do quite a bit is get off at Reading West and walk the 5/10 minutes into town to avoid having to pay at all!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (266)
79.88%
Leave (67)
20.12%

Watched Threads