The Student Room Group

Why do I not get compliments anymore?

Why do I not get complimented anymore?

I am 22. I know this is a bit narcissistic, but I used to get it quite often. Random people would tell me, friends would tell me, etc. I used to get hit on all the time or people would just throw it into conversations.

Now it rarely ever happens. I still think I'm pretty, but (I know it's sad that I need validation from other people) I don't really get told it anymore. I'm with a new boyfriend and a lot of people tell him "your new gf is really pretty" but no one makes those comments to me anymore
(edited 3 years ago)
Do you really need people’s appraisal of your external appearance to give you self-confidence and worth?
It doesn’t matter what people think. You’re as beautiful as make yourself out to be. And it is very toxic to you if you validate yourself on what people think. You’re amazing.
When people get older, they place less importance on the looks of others. The competition becomes less...competitive? People become less naive and more selfish. They have a billion more things on their mind like tax returns and utility bills and their sick elderly grandparents compared to when they were teens.
Original post by Ashclo
Why do I not get complimented anymore?

I am 22. I know this is a bit narcissistic, but I used to get it quite often. Random people would tell me, friends would tell me, etc. I used to get hit on all the time or people would just throw it into conversations.

Now it rarely ever happens. I still think I'm pretty, but (I know it's sad that I need validation from other people) I don't really get told it anymore. I'm with a new boyfriend and a lot of people tell him "your new gf is really pretty" but no one makes those comments to me anymore

How good looking is your boyfriend?
maybe he is ugly and that's why they're saying it to him?
Hmm maybe. I would say he’s like slightly above average. He isn’t my type In terms of looks but I love his personality and love him for him. He thinks he is a lot more good looking than he actually is
Original post by Anonymous
How good looking is your boyfriend?
maybe he is ugly and that's why they're saying it to him?

lol wut is this anology
This is quite pathetic behaviour...especially from a 22-year-old. Grow up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending