The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex University, GYMS?

So does anyone have any advice on what gyms to go to when in sussex? Im not sure if this is still the case but from the virtual tour the campus gym looks under equipped, if im wrong please let me know lol. Im just deciding whether i need to get the train to other gyms within brighton town.
Original post by Anonymous
So does anyone have any advice on what gyms to go to when in sussex? Im not sure if this is still the case but from the virtual tour the campus gym looks under equipped, if im wrong please let me know lol. Im just deciding whether i need to get the train to other gyms within brighton town.

Hiya :hello:
Moved your thread into the forum for the university of sussex :yy:
@University of Sussex Official Reps @University of Sussex Undergraduate Enquiries may be able to help you here!
Best wishes,
Cheese :bump:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Hello, we have 2 gyms at Sussex University campus. The smaller gym contains majority of standard gym equipment such as weights, bicycles, rowing machines, cross trainers, etc. The only major equipment missing that I can think of are the treadmills. The second larger gym does provide treadmills, as well as all the other types of standard gym equipment. There are also separate designated areas for cardio exercise vs weight training in the larger gym. I know you can book private training rooms too. So, overall I would say that the facilities are the same as what you would expect from most gyms. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions, or would like any more details.

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Sussex University Medical Neuroscience Student (MSCI) with a Year Abroad)
Reply 3
Original post by University of Sussex Official Reps
Hello, we have 2 gyms at Sussex University campus. The smaller gym contains majority of standard gym equipment such as weights, bicycles, rowing machines, cross trainers, etc. The only major equipment missing that I can think of are the treadmills. The second larger gym does provide treadmills, as well as all the other types of standard gym equipment. There are also separate designated areas for cardio exercise vs weight training in the larger gym. I know you can book private training rooms too. So, overall I would say that the facilities are the same as what you would expect from most gyms. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions, or would like any more details.

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Sussex University Medical Neuroscience Student (MSCI) with a Year Abroad)

Ahh okay thanks for your help! I recently saw a video of the second gym and it looks great aha, how do you get into the gym do you purchase a membership or?
Ahh okay thanks for your help! I recently saw a video of the second gym and it looks great aha, how do you get into the gym do you purchase a membership or?

Hello, in terms of gym fees, there are quite few options to consider. You can buy gold, silver or bronze memberships, each carrying different benefits. You can also simply pay for a single visit to gym, or for court hire, or for participating in a group exercise class. However, memberships definitely reduce costs significantly.
The gold membership is most expensive (£150 per year), but allows you to access gym at any time, and for unlimited duration. You also get access to unlimited group exercise classes, anytime racket sports court hire, and 14 days advance booking rights for classes and courts. You can also obtain access to certain university-managed gyms in other cities, so that you can make the use of the membership when you are back home (Year Gold Only).
The silver membership is a bit cheaper (£115 per year), but you can only access the gym facilities at off-peak times (until 2.30 pm for fitness room use, and until 4 pm for racket sports court hire) - it might be a great option for students who like to go to gym in the morning :smile:. You would also benefit from access to unlimited group exercise classes, and 10 days advance booking rights for classes and courts.
The bronze membership offers a slight discount on gym entry fees; it only costs £5 per year, so is actually a very good deal for those students using the facilities only from time to time.
There is also an option to buy monthly membership (£20), or 4-months membership (£70), but only for the gold membership.
Here is a link to all the information about membership fees and the different types of memberships available: Sussex University Sport Facilities.
Let me know if you have any more questions, or need clarification of anything.

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student (MSCI) with a Year Abroad)
Original post by University of Sussex Official Reps

Best Wishes,

lol sussex finally got a rep, about time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending