Gamescom opening night livestream

Watch
quasa
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey everyone, every year there is gamescom. sadly due to covid, there isnt a physical show, however they are livestreaming 20 game reveals today, as well as extended demos of next gen games.

Last edited by quasa; 4 weeks ago
quasa
Rep:
?
seems the next gen COD game will indeed run 4k at 120hz on PS5 and series X (however will be lower if playing cross platform)
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by quasa)
seems the next gen COD game will indeed run 4k at 120hz on PS5 and series X (however will be lower if playing cross platform)
Have they said that? They really shouldn't need to arbitrarily lower settings just during crossplay.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by quasa)
Hey everyone, every year there is gamescom. sadly due to covid, there isnt a physical show, however they are livestreaming 20 game reveals today, as well as extended demos of next gen games.

Wow, that is cool. Where the gamescom in Britain would had been, if Corona did not prevent it? in Germany there is a gamescom in Cologne every year!
quasa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
Have they said that? They really shouldn't need to arbitrarily lower settings just during crossplay.
youll have to search it on the web but been confirmed in venturebeats, ign, push square and a bunch of other sites. but yeah, ps5 and series x is 4k 120hz per them lot. the reason its slower for crossplay is because of people running ps4s, xbones, and other systems with slower harddrives and less powerful gpus (the ps5s ssd alone is 100 times faster than the ps4 pros)
Arthur_Morgan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Watching it rn, I'm excited about the R&C gameplay more than anything :excited:
quasa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Arthur_Morgan)
Watching it rn, I'm excited about the R&C gameplay more than anything :excited:
nice to see a fellow r&c fan. fav. game of the series? mine is crack in time. curious to see if rift apart is a sequel to nexus/all 4one, or a sequel to the reboot series.
quasa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kallisto)
Wow, that is cool. Where the gamescom in Britain would had been, if Corona did not prevent it? in Germany there is a gamescom in Cologne every year!
isnt gamescom usually in cologne? i thought there was 1 show in europe and it was there. usually gamescom tends to be the big show between e3 and TGS
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by quasa)
youll have to search it on the web but been confirmed in venturebeats, ign, push square and a bunch of other sites. but yeah, ps5 and series x is 4k 120hz per them lot. the reason its slower for crossplay is because of people running ps4s, xbones, and other systems with slower harddrives and less powerful gpus (the ps5s ssd alone is 100 times faster than the ps4 pros)
I understand the performance disparity, I just don't understand the need to restrict a PS5 player's graphical fidelity while playing with a PS4 player. There's no logical reason for that, PC players have been playing games together, and against consoles, on wildly different hardware and with different visual settings for decades. The advantages of high refresh rates are fairly negligible outside of high level play, you're not going to find Series X lauding over the Xbox One plebs just because of the extra frames.
Last edited by Gofre; 4 weeks ago
Arthur_Morgan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by quasa)
nice to see a fellow r&c fan. fav. game of the series? mine is crack in time. curious to see if rift apart is a sequel to nexus/all 4one, or a sequel to the reboot series.
It was my childhood man! Fave used to be 3 and Crack in Time but I've since replaced 3 with 2. I get the impression it's a sequel to Nexus (hopefully), the reboot was a bit meh.
quasa
Rep:
?
PS5 news, it seems ps store in US is allowing people to pre-roder ps5s, however sony will only offer you one based on how much you use playstation and how long you have had a ps id for. no sign of such a thing on uk ps store
quasa
Rep:
?
It was my childhood man! Fave used to be 3 and Crack in Time but I've since replaced 3 with 2. I get the impression it's a sequel to Nexus (hopefully), the reboot was a bit meh.
i see your a man of culture . thats the impression i have as well / am hoping for. re: the reboot, i personally felt it was better than r&c 1, deadlocked, the psp games and tools of destruction but doesnt hold a a candle to gc, uya and cit.

also love how their american names are innuendos (ps5 title is a pun on ripped a fart)
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by quasa)
isnt gamescom usually in cologne? i thought there was 1 show in europe and it was there. usually gamescom tends to be the big show between e3 and TGS
It is usually: once a year, in August as a rule. One of these events I will meet. Is there a gamescom in Britain too? if, it is: where?
Arthur_Morgan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by quasa)
i see your a man of culture . thats the impression i have as well / am hoping for. re: the reboot, i personally felt it was better than r&c 1, deadlocked, the psp games and tools of destruction but doesnt hold a a candle to gc, uya and cit.

also love how their american names are innuendos (ps5 title is a pun on ripped a fart)
The original holds a special place in my heart so no reboot could possibly replace it, but I can certainly see the charm the reboot had. Ah Ratchet Deadlocked (or Gladiator as I know it), are you one of those people who hated it or loved it? I know it was quite divisive cos it strayed away from the typical platforming elements of the previous games. I personally loved it.

I know right, very creative I must say :lol:
The working title for ACiT was the one that got me; ''Clock-blockers'' :rofl:
quasa
Rep:
?
The original holds a special place in my heart so no reboot could possibly replace it, but I can certainly see the charm the reboot had. Ah Ratchet Deadlocked (or Gladiator as I know it), are you one of those people who hated it or loved it? I know it was quite divisive cos it strayed away from the typical platforming elements of the previous games. I personally loved it.

I know right, very creative I must say :lol:
The working title for ACiT was the one that got me; ''Clock-blockers'' :rofl:
peronally i wasnt a fan of deadlocked, save the nefarious cameo.

also, didnt know acit was called clock-blockes :rofl: id love to spend time at insomniac
Arthur_Morgan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by quasa)
peronally i wasnt a fan of deadlocked, save the nefarious cameo.

also, didnt know acit was called clock-blockes :rofl: id love to spend time at insomniac
Ah that's fair enough, it's not for everyone I guess :dontknow:

They must have a blast coming up with the titles :lol:

You a fan of the Jak & Daxter games at all?
quasa
Rep:
?
annapurna seems to have some interesting games in development. they have a game with james mcavoy, daisy ridley and willem defoe, as well as stray.
quasa
Rep:
?
Ah that's fair enough, it's not for everyone I guess :dontknow:

They must have a blast coming up with the titles :lol:

You a fan of the Jak & Daxter games at all?
used to play it but preferred r&c (even ps1 gen, i preferred the insomniac games vs naughty dog for some reason as I loved spyro but wasnt a massive fan of crash bandicoot)
quasa
Rep:
?
new lego starwars game looks interesting
quasa
Rep:
?
ratchet and clank
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (74)
21.39%
No (272)
78.61%

Watched Threads