The Student Room Group

HSBC Student Account

Hi,

I have applied and I was told by the HSBC agent on the phone my application is pending and that HSBC account review is not currently working and there will be a delay with the application around 2-4 weeks of waiting which is in my opinion completely unbelievable as other banks can open it straight away and the worst thing is HSBC isn’t doing any application in branch and you have to apply online.

I forgot to mention that I have been to the bank and submitted all the information such as proof of address and passport and UCAS confirmation letter.

I know due to the pandemic it is causing delays but it shouldn’t take that long of a timescale.

What is people experience with HSBC Student Bank Account?

Kind regards
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Irshad14
Hi,

I have applied and I was told by the HSBC agent on the phone my application is pending and that HSBC account review is not currently working and there will be a delay with the application around 2-4 weeks of waiting which is in my opinion completely unbelievable as other banks can open it straight away and the worst thing is HSBC isn’t doing any application in branch and you have to apply online.

I know due to the pandemic it is causing delays but it shouldn’t take that long of a timescale.

What is people experience with HSBC Student Bank Account?

Kind regards

that's pretty strange because i applied for a HSBC student account 3 days ago, it got approved 2 days ago and i got my new card today?

it should definitely not take that long so i'm not sure what's happened there. I applied online.
Reply 2
Original post by F0RESTFAIRY
that's pretty strange because i applied for a HSBC student account 3 days ago, it got approved 2 days ago and i got my new card today?

it should definitely not take that long so i'm not sure what's happened there. I applied online.

Hi,

That’s strange. I have called them and they said they can’t do anything and I have applied online as well.
Hi,

That’s strange. I have called them and they said they can’t do anything and I have applied online as well.

do you already have an account with HSBC?
Reply 4
do you already have an account with HSBC?

I don’t currently have an account with HSBC.
I applied online via the HSBC website.
I don’t currently have an account with HSBC.
I applied online via the HSBC website.

oh right, so that could be why. still 2-4 weeks is an incredibly long time. im not sure what else you can do except wait sadly.
Reply 6
oh right, so that could be why. still 2-4 weeks is an incredibly long time. im not sure what else you can do except wait sadly.

Yeah I agree with you that’s a incredible long time to wait for an application to be reviewed but there nothing much that I can do about it other then wait as you have rightly said.
Reply 7
Hi,

I hope you finally got your account opened. I applied about 10 days ago for a student account and no email confirmation, no update. When I called them I was told they are still processing it and they don’t have a timescale at the moment. So it’s a waiting game!!
Reply 8
Hi,

Yeah I finally did get the bank account opened although I had to go into my local branch so that they can upload documents of my student finance letter/university offer and passport they can process with opening the account. I did get an email and text message telling me when the account when opened.

Kind rega

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending