helen123233
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Has anyone doing English or did english? My first year english has anyone did english? Has anyone did hamlet? Any good websites?? Thank you
kcsjeo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
moleeee ettom aadyam ninte english sheriyaakunam.

only that way will u get any marks in ur exams.
what's Ncs?
helen123233
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
My college name. Newham collegiate sixth form
kcsjeo
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
honestly you can't expect people to know what you're talking about like that.
I thought you meant NCS the summer program.

You sound very desparate and hurried, try and calm down
helen123233
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by kcsjeo)
honestly you can't expect people to know what you're talking about like that.
I thought you meant NCS the summer program.

You sound very desparate and hurried, try and calm down
Sorry im confused what u just said?
kcsjeo
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by helen123233)
Sorry im confused what u just said?
ur weird. pls stop
sebrine.x
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Has anyone doing English or did english? My first year english has anyone did english? Has anyone did hamlet? Any good websites?? Thank you
You go to The NCS? I have been considering applying there. May I ask what your GCSE grades were?
You could use BBC Bitesize or there are a couple good youtubers like Mr Bruff.
Ali.m2004
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
My college name. Newham collegiate sixth form
I am year 11 now. I want to apply to Newham collegiate sixth form for this year, and I would like to know how should be my personal statement and how was your interview when you went there? Also, in my recent mocks test I have got 9 in chemistry and physics and I got 8 in math and 8 in Biology. I would like to do Biology, chemistry and Math in my A-levels. Do you think I would have a big chance to get an interview from them by considering the grades which I go in my mocks?
zayzay1234
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Ali.m2004)
I am year 11 now. I want to apply to Newham collegiate sixth form for this year, and I would like to know how should be my personal statement and how was your interview when you went there? Also, in my recent mocks test I have got 9 in chemistry and physics and I got 8 in math and 8 in Biology. I would like to do Biology, chemistry and Math in my A-levels. Do you think I would have a big chance to get an interview from them by considering the grades which I go in my mocks?
hi I’m at ncs currently. your grades are fine, and ncs doesn’t do interviews , they just look at you r predicted and achieved grades.

just structure your personal statement well, don’t stress about it really, it’s not a huge deal
Ali.m2004
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by zayzay1234)
hi I’m at ncs currently. your grades are fine, and ncs doesn’t do interviews , they just look at you r predicted and achieved grades.

just structure your personal statement well, don’t stress about it really, it’s not a huge deal
What was your grade which you have applied by to NCS? and do they consider all of your subjects to be 9 and 8 or only those which you want to do in your A-levels to be 8&9 because for those subjects which I want to do in my A-levels I got all 8&9 but for rest of my subjects I didnt get 8 and 9, but the points of my best 8 subjects are 59 although they needed the minimum 56, and I structured my personal statement perfectly and I have applied to it, so all I am waiting is their respond to my application.
zayzay1234
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
What was your grade which you have applied by to NCS? and do they consider all of your subjects to be 9 and 8 or only those which you want to do in your A-levels to be 8&9 because for those subjects which I want to do in my A-levels I got all 8&9 but for rest of my subjects I didnt get 8 and 9, but the points of my best 8 subjects are 59 although they needed the minimum 56, and I structured my personal statement perfectly and I have applied to it, so all I am waiting is their respond to my application.
Check their website for details on their grade thresholds, but your grades seem pretty good.
I applied to ncs with all 8 and 9 predicted grades, and achieved all 8s and 9s in my actual centre assessed grades last year.
Ali.m2004
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by zayzay1234)
Check their website for details on their grade thresholds, but your grades seem pretty good.
I applied to ncs with all 8 and 9 predicted grades, and achieved all 8s and 9s in my actual centre assessed grades last year.
Well done, I think you got much better predicted grades than me because I didnt get all of my grades 8&9 because unfortunately I got some 6 and 7 but for optional subjects which I dont wanna do for my A-levels. But, I structured my Personal statement superb and I think my strongest point in my application is my personal statement. But I have to wait to see what they say to my application. Just pray for me
zayzay1234
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Well done, I think you got much better predicted grades than me because I didnt get all of my grades 8&9 because unfortunately I got some 6 and 7 but for optional subjects which I dont wanna do for my A-levels. But, I structured my Personal statement superb and I think my strongest point in my application is my personal statement. But I have to wait to see what they say to my application. Just pray for me
Don’t worry that all your grades aren’t 6 or 7, you definitely won’t be at a disadvantage because of them. I hope you get in! and feel free to ask any more questions about ncs if you have any
Kaz___
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
hey - i want to apply to NCS but i dont know how to write my personal statement - can you please tell me what to include and what they look for within personal statements
Ali.m2004
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Guys, I have applied to LAE of Stratford sixth form in January, and their application deadline was due to 5th of February. Since its around 6 days that we have passed form the deadline date, I would like to know if anyone of you has received any email from the LAE stratford sixth form that if they got interview or not? because I am a bit worry that they didnt send me any email yet and didnt say if i can get the interview appointment or not.
GTT21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Guys, I have applied to LAE of Stratford sixth form in January, and their application deadline was due to 5th of February. Since its around 6 days that we have passed form the deadline date, I would like to know if anyone of you has received any email from the LAE stratford sixth form that if they got interview or not? because I am a bit worry that they didnt send me any email yet and didnt say if i can get the interview appointment or not.
The deadline for LAE's reference is 22nd of February, so I don't think we should hear anything yet. I was told that by March we will know the status of our application.
Kaz___
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Will there still be interviews ?? Or will they cancel interviews due to Covid ??
Ali.m2004
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by uzi671)
Will there still be interviews ?? Or will they cancel interviews due to Covid ??
The interviews for the sixth forms will be online
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (4)
28.57%
No (10)
71.43%

Watched Threads