Postgrads: how/where do you pay the application fee?

Watch
Malika127
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello!

I'm an international student. Applied to an RHUL postgrad program in July and have not heard back since.

I figured it's because I haven't paid the application fee?

I couldn't find any info on it though. How did you pay your application fee? How much even is it?
QueenOfSheba
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey,

I don’t think Royal Holloway charges a fee for postgrad applications. If you were required to pay a fee you wouldn’t have been able to submit your application without one. But I haven’t applied there, I’m just going off a quick search of their website, so maybe another postgrad from the uni will be able to help out more.

Perhaps they are just taking a while to respond, you could message admissions for an update?
Malika127
Rep:
?
(Original post by QueenOfSheba)
Hey,

I don’t think Royal Holloway charges a fee for postgrad applications. If you were required to pay a fee you wouldn’t have been able to submit your application without one. But I haven’t applied there, I’m just going off a quick search of their website, so maybe another postgrad from the uni will be able to help out more.

Perhaps they are just taking a while to respond, you could message admissions for an update?
Hey, thanks for responding!
Their e-mail said they aim to make a decision in 6 weeks, but it's been more than 7 weeks. I guess I'll wait a bit and call them bc they aren't answering e-mails.
I'm a bit shy to contact admissions though (phone calls in English, woah). Do they tend to be very formal and impatient?
QueenOfSheba
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Malika127)
Hey, thanks for responding!
Their e-mail said they aim to make a decision in 6 weeks, but it's been more than 7 weeks. I guess I'll wait a bit and call them bc they aren't answering e-mails.
I'm a bit shy to contact admissions though (phone calls in English, woah). Do they tend to be very formal and impatient?
I totally understand feeling a bit apprehensive about phone calls to admissions! There are some really kind and helpful people, and others that can be the opposite. You just have to get lucky with it. But your query is actually really urgent and should be a rather short discussion regarding what is happening with your application, espeically because you're coming over from abroad and have a lot to sort out, I assume. You could write down what you plan on saying before you call if that helps
Malika127
Rep:
?
(Original post by QueenOfSheba)
I totally understand feeling a bit apprehensive about phone calls to admissions! There are some really kind and helpful people, and others that can be the opposite. You just have to get lucky with it. But your query is actually really urgent and should be a rather short discussion regarding what is happening with your application, espeically because you're coming over from abroad and have a lot to sort out, I assume. You could write down what you plan on saying before you call if that helps
That’s a good idea, thanks! Although honestly due to the pandemic I’d actually like to go next year instead, so it’s a bit complicated. But yeah I guess I’ll have to try and sort it out through a call.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (49)
14.41%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.53%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (125)
36.76%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (34)
10%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.29%

Watched Threads