Is a Digital Technology Solutions Degree attractive to other employers?

Watch
helloman1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am set to start a Digital Technology Solutions degree at Warwick University this September. After I have finished my degree I intend to stay with the business and if I like it I intend to stay long term (10+ years). However in the future if I do move companies how attractive is a Digital Technology solutions degree and do both big and small companies hire people with them? Many thanks.
SouthBridge24
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by helloman1)
I am set to start a Digital Technology Solutions degree at Warwick University this September. After I have finished my degree I intend to stay with the business and if I like it I intend to stay long term (10+ years). However in the future if I do move companies how attractive is a Digital Technology solutions degree and do both big and small companies hire people with them? Many thanks.
I would assume both big and small would employ you with that degree, Ik that microsoft, cisco, amazon, google, siemens all seem to do apprenticeships where the apprentice goes to do that degree so it must be fairly alright and after your first job its more gonna be focused around what ur employer has to say about you and stuff i think and the other qualifications u may have obtained during ur time working. e.g. Cisco CCNA, CCNP, Azure Certifications, AWS Certifications etc etc. it depends what ur job is and what job you'd be applying for i would say.
helloman1
Rep:
?
(Original post by SouthBridge24)
I would assume both big and small would employ you with that degree, Ik that microsoft, cisco, amazon, google, siemens all seem to do apprenticeships where the apprentice goes to do that degree so it must be fairly alright and after your first job its more gonna be focused around what ur employer has to say about you and stuff i think and the other qualifications u may have obtained during ur time working. e.g. Cisco CCNA, CCNP, Azure Certifications, AWS Certifications etc etc. it depends what ur job is and what job you'd be applying for i would say.
Thanks for the reply. Yes I agree - I'm working in software engineering.
Gent2324
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks for the reply. Yes I agree - I'm working in software engineering.
the work experience is more vaulable than the degree, since you wont be applying to grad schemes the work exp is far more important. based on where youre doing the degree, are you working at accenture/capgemini or a large tech firm? if so, your degree wont be what employers look at, it will be your work experience
helloman1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gent2324)
the work experience is more vaulable than the degree, since you wont be applying to grad schemes the work exp is far more important. based on where youre doing the degree, are you working at accenture/capgemini or a large tech firm? if so, your degree wont be what employers look at, it will be your work experience
I'm set to start with JLR.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
After 10 years in employment your degree is basically irrelevant other than as a tick box exercise to check if you have one (I mean it's not even so different for graduate jobs, although grad schemes will look at your classification as another filter a bit more compared to senior roles with 10+ experience). What will make far more difference will be those 10 years of experience, how you present the work you have done in that time, what kinds of leadership roles you've undertaken, projects you've initiated, teams you've worked with (or built up!), etc, etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (85)
21.41%
No (312)
78.59%

Watched Threads