What are you most nervous about for University?

Watch
becausethenight
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by DGeorge13)
I hope so. It would be so nice to get to a Christmas mass as I literally live opposite my church . I kind of wish there was more certainty we just don't know - especially local lockdowns
Yeah I totally get that - virtual services are really not doing it for me! I’m also hoping to join a synagogue near uni and I feel really awkward about approaching them ‘virtually’, it just feels weird. Yeah - my uni has a plan for local lockdown but it’s basically just sending us all home, and not really that helpful...
becausethenight
Rep:
?
(Original post by royalty1702)
Mainly concerned about living independently and managing my time effectively. I'm used to doing absolutely nothing for months now because of the global situation.
Hard same - I’m really out of practice with timetabling. I’m also a bit worried about not having sat exams etc, I don’t know if I can face assessments now! I guess we’ll get back in the groove eventually?
carelesslion
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by becausethenight)
Hahaha I think the proper friendships only come when you meet people face to face? I hope anyway

How useful do you think the groups are, I’m not really in any....
I’m hoping so too! Tbh I’m not sure. I think they’re gonna be helpful for light chats/questions and stuff but not forming any sort of proper friendships. I wouldn’t worry, they all seem to be people talking about nerves and stuff.
becausethenight
Rep:
?
(Original post by carelesslion)
I’m hoping so too! Tbh I’m not sure. I think they’re gonna be helpful for light chats/questions and stuff but not forming any sort of proper friendships. I wouldn’t worry, they all seem to be people talking about nerves and stuff.
Fingers crossed :crossedf:

Thanks, that’s reassuring - I’m hoping that when I get to campus they go over all the freshers stuff and timetable etc just so I’m not at a disadvantage compared to people who’ve been discussing it in groups? :dontknow:
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
• Getting into uni in the first place
• The workload
• Making friends

That sort of stuff :/
Ratchet Hoe
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I get that - the course is the most important thing overall! I guess I feel like I know I’m going to like the course (fingers crossed!) but I’ve less control over meeting people?

Oh, what course are you doing? I’m hoping everyone will be in the same boat with practical elements so we can all be terrible together
Yeah and I am doing Set Design and technical drawing and 3D modelling are new to me which is why is makes me nervous!
mercifyx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I've seen a few replies saying the exact same thing but yes, freshers will be a pain! Ours is not completely online but I don't even know how I'm going to meet people. I'm waayyyy too awkward :sad:
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
• Getting into uni in the first place
• The workload
• Making friends

That sort of stuff :/
Getting in is the big one yeah I’m looking forward to your posts when you do!

Hope the admissions process isn’t looming too large at the moment?
becausethenight
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ratchet Hoe)
Yeah and I am doing Set Design and technical drawing and 3D modelling are new to me which is why is makes me nervous!
Oh wow that sounds really interesting! It sounds like those are the sorts of things that’ll be new to pretty much everyone on the course so hopefully it’ll all the taught from scratch?
becausethenight
Rep:
?
(Original post by mercifyx)
I've seen a few replies saying the exact same thing but yes, freshers will be a pain! Ours is not completely online but I don't even know how I'm going to meet people. I'm waayyyy too awkward :sad:
I knowwww :cry:

I don’t think anyone is really keen on online freshers tbh... And it makes it even worse if you’re not great at meeting people (I’m not, really!) I’m just hoping everyone else will be just as awkward
Hellohsjakodsmka
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Getting in is the big one yeah I’m looking forward to your posts when you do!

Hope the admissions process isn’t looming too large at the moment?
Which you managed to do already :adore:
Aww you're way too sweet :cry2: if I do get in I'll make another blog about it haha

It is really scary and stressful tbh but idk
I'll try and calm down because panicking isnt going to help me at all
Thanks for worrying :console: :hugs:
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Which you managed to do already :adore:
Aww you're way too sweet :cry2: if I do get in I'll make another blog about it haha

It is really scary and stressful tbh but idk
I'll try and calm down because panicking isnt going to help me at all
Thanks for worrying :console: :hugs:
Me and about 9,400 other people! Again statistics are weirdly soothing :rofl:
Omg I can't wait I bet it'll have a great title too :yep: Haven't seen any med student GYGs actually.

:hugs: You're not wrong, it is stressful, but you have the right idea that being calm is good! It is really just hoops to jump through and you can be zen knowing you're on track to jump them lol.
becausethenight
Rep:
?
:hi:

A lot of the stuff in here has been about making friends, so thought I'd draw your attention to the "How to Make Friends at Uni" thread here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6683152
Hellohsjakodsmka
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Me and about 9,400 other people! Again statistics are weirdly soothing :rofl:
Omg I can't wait I bet it'll have a great title too :yep: Haven't seen any med student GYGs actually.

:hugs: You're not wrong, it is stressful, but you have the right idea that being calm is good! It is really just hoops to jump through and you can be zen knowing you're on track to jump them lol.
True true 😂
My new one will probably be coffee related 🤡
George has one! I can't find it yet but when I do I'll send a link (they're starting this year too!)

Thanks, ik what you mean :yep:
I'm kind of excited at the same time. This probably makes no sense but if you want it bad enough, there is ALWAYS a way.
The people who don't get in are those who either give up easily, or weren't going into medicine for the right reasons imo.
I don't care how long it takes me
Last edited by Hellohsjakodsmka; 1 week ago
Hellohsjakodsmka
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Golderz Is Great)
are you going to uni?

if so good luck smka
Nope not yet! But thank you :hugs:
A_J_B
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
True true 😂
George has one! I can't find it yet but when I do I'll send a link (he's starting this year too!)

I'm kind of excited at the same time. This probably makes no sense but if you want it bad enough, there is ALWAYS a way.
The people who don't get in are those who either give up easily, or weren't going into medicine for the right reasons imo.
How many cups of coffee per day?
Hellohsjakodsmka
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by A_J_B)
How many cups of coffee per day?
3-4? Idk if its normal but it's a lot for me haha :ninja:
DGeorge13
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
3-4? Idk if its normal but it's a lot for me haha :ninja:
4-5 cups of double espresso coffee with 10 mls of milk a day for me.
I don’t drink alcohol but I don’t think my coffee is that cheap
Last edited by DGeorge13; 1 week ago
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
True true 😂
George has one! I can't find it yet but when I do I'll send a link (he's starting this year too!)

:woo:coffee!! I've been drinking less in lockdown but Y13 drove me to 2 flat whites a day :rofl:
I've seen George's! It had a lovely photo :yep:

This is definitely the right thing for you if you're excited at the prospect of admissions (I jest - it is exciting to think you're getting further along on your journey and it's all getting closer!) You're going to be an excellent med student and doctor when you get in and any med school will be lucky to have you :heart:
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
That some people in my flat/bubble/household will all want to go out all the time and make the rest of us at risk of covid :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (18)
21.69%
No (65)
78.31%

Watched Threads