What are you most nervous about for University?

Watch
becausethenight
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
That some people in my flat/bubble/household will all want to go out all the time and make the rest of us at risk of covid :/
That sucks :hugs: - most unis are going to try to enforce it quite strongly though (with threats of expulsion I think) so hopefully that won't happen?
You could also have a chat with your bubble at the start to explain you're nervous/at risk and you'd really appreciate it if they could respect that?
idunnwithlife
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
1) That I'm already behind and will be bottom of the class. It's a language course and, based on the groupchat, there's only two of us (myself included) out of the twenty that have never picked up the language before ;-;

2) That and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. All I cared about was studying before; never thought about my physical health. The habits stuck with me up until now - bad posture, eating a ton of junk and going to bed at ungodly hours. I'm starting to ease myself out, but I'm scared I won't be able to keep up when uni starts. I know it's a language course, but my uni is really intense so idk how I'll cope ;-; I can get into a study routine, but can never stick to a healthy lifestyle routine ;-;-;-;
A_J_B
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
3-4? Idk if its normal but it's a lot for me haha :ninja:
Wow!
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by becausethenight)
For me, I just don't know how I'm supposed to meet anyone with virtual freshers and small bubbles!
This is what I'm a little concerned about too, because we're all in bubbles of our flatmates.

Though, realistically, they'll find ways to safely do societies, and you'll meet people in seminars and things like that so I wouldn't be too worried :yep:

I try to remember that we're all in the same boat! If you think about it this way, there's no FOMO. :lol:
A_J_B
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
:woo:coffee!! I've been drinking less in lockdown but Y13 drove me to 2 flat whites a day :rofl:
I've seen George's! It had a lovely photo :yep:

This is definitely the right thing for you if you're excited at the prospect of admissions (I jest - it is exciting to think you're getting further along on your journey and it's all getting closer!) You're going to be an excellent med student and doctor when you get in and any med school will be lucky to have you :heart:
I think her name is not George:confused:...maybe thats her surname?
becausethenight
Rep:
?
(Original post by idunnwithlife)
1) That I'm already behind and will be bottom of the class. It's a language course and, based on the groupchat, there's only two of us (myself included) out of the twenty that have never picked up the language before ;-;
:hugs: I think academics is a really common concern - I know I'm worried about being bottom of the class... I try to remind myself that the uni wouldn't have picked me if I wasn't able to do well really. For your course they clearly don't require prior knowledge of the language and people might be bigging up how much they know or be complacent and you'll quickly overtake them!

If it's really worrying you could you start looking at the language now (Duolingo maybe?) You probably don't need to but might help deal with the anxiety that others know more

2) That and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. All I cared about was studying before; never thought about my physical health. The habits stuck with me up until now - bad posture, eating a ton of junk and going to bed at ungodly hours. I'm starting to ease myself out, but I'm scared I won't be able to keep up when uni starts. I know it's a language course, but my uni is really intense so idk how I'll cope ;-; I can get into a study routine, but can never stick to a healthy lifestyle routine ;-;-;-;
Ah yeah not going to bed at 2am
If you're aware of it and actively trying to make it better though you must make some progress! Any small thing is good - you probably can't change everything overnight but eating more vegetables or going to bed at 12 rather than 1 is still positive. And when you're at uni you can buy your own food, organise your own timetable etc so it might be easier. It's a good time to actually make changes I think?

:goodluck:
becausethenight
Rep:
?
(Original post by yzanne)
This is what I'm a little concerned about too, because we're all in bubbles of our flatmates.

Though, realistically, they'll find ways to safely do societies, and you'll meet people in seminars and things like that so I wouldn't be too worried :yep:

I try to remember that we're all in the same boat! If you think about it this way, there's no FOMO. :lol:
Yeah I'm sort of worried about what if I don't like my flatmates but they're my bubble

We just got told all our societies are now virtual for the first term due to the rule of 6 but hopefully will still be fun.

I think you're right though! Everyone has virtual freshers, flat bubbles etc so will have the same problems :rofl: Just got to remind myself of it!
becausethenight
Rep:
?
(Original post by A_J_B)
I think her name is not George:confused:...maybe thats her surname?
Ooops
Sorry DGeorge13!
DGeorge13
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ooops
Sorry DGeorge13!
Don’t worry - even some of my teachers thought I was called George!
becausethenight
Rep:
?
(Original post by DGeorge13)
Don’t worry - even some of my teachers thought I was called George!
:ta:
How on Earth did that happen :lol:
DGeorge13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
:ta:
How on Earth did that happen :lol:
I guess because it’s a boys name and the register puts names backwards it would be easy to forget
becausethenight
Rep:
?
I guess because it’s a boys name and the register puts names backwards it would be easy to forget
Ah I see - I was thinking ‘can’t the teachers see on the register’ but clearly that is a double edged sword!
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
4-5 cups of double espresso coffee with 10 mls of milk a day for me.
I don’t drink alcohol but I don’t think my coffee is that cheap
Oooh is that every day
No neither do i lol
I usually have black coffee without milk/sugar

:woo:coffee!! I've been drinking less in lockdown but Y13 drove me to 2 flat whites a day :rofl:
I've seen George's! It had a lovely photo :yep:

This is definitely the right thing for you if you're excited at the prospect of admissions (I jest - it is exciting to think you're getting further along on your journey and it's all getting closer!) You're going to be an excellent med student and doctor when you get in and any med school will be lucky to have you :heart:
Ikr :woo::woo:
Oh wow lool
I've only just started year 13 :mmm:

Aww thank you, you're making me blush :blushing:
Same to you :heart:
Spoiler:
Show
I know I should be calm about it but I'm starting to get very panicky again :"(
Less than a month left omg jsksksoskdkeie :cry:

(Original post by A_J_B)
Wow!
Is that bad? :lol:
DGeorge13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hellohsjakodsmka it is every day and no sugar. Alcohol or overrated
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
making friends, i can't see myself making friends over zoom or other social medias, it's just not the same as face to face. also i hope i get along with my flatmates lol
A_J_B
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I am also a bit worried about being flooded with too many lectures per day leaving me with no time to leave my room.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by A_J_B)
I am also a bit worried about being flooded with too many lectures per day leaving me with no time to leave my room.
What course are you doing?
A_J_B
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
What course are you doing?
Medicine
Ki Yung Na
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’ve just switched to an economics half major.

I’m nervous about doing economics; it looks like fun but it’s going to be difficult. That I’m worried about but I hope I take it In my stride and perform well.

I have an extra module I need to do because the switch between courses meant that in my last course there was one module I did not cover in first year. Microeconomics - should be okay though. God willing.
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by A_J_B)
I don't know what to say, so here's a hug :console::hugs:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (17)
20.73%
No (65)
79.27%

Watched Threads