skinny fat

Watch
yourmuddagyal
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
im a 15 year old girl who is fairly skinny built, 162cm and 55kg however a lot of the fat i gain goes to my belly, and it is too much. i eat a fairly balanced diet but i do 0 exercise, is there a way that i can minimize my belly fat without losing a lot of my current weight. i have become super insecure of my upper body and i only wear baggy clothing to hide my belly. my thighs are skinny and so are my arms. any help would be nice
Gracef28
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by yourmuddagyal)
im a 15 year old girl who is fairly skinny built, 162cm and 55kg however a lot of the fat i gain goes to my belly, and it is too much. i eat a fairly balanced diet but i do 0 exercise, is there a way that i can minimize my belly fat without losing a lot of my current weight. i have become super insecure of my upper body and i only wear baggy clothing to hide my belly. my thighs are skinny and so are my arms. any help would be nice
You could you weight training e.g. arms quads and abs, this would build up muscle and tone you instead of just looking skinny? But honestly I wouldn’t worry, that is how you were made so it is important (even though it’s really hard sometimes) to love yourself and accept who you are.
jas149
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by yourmuddagyal)
Oh this is weird, I was in the exact same situation as you a few months ago haha. My height's 164cm and I weighed around 56kg (but now I dropped down to 50kg), and I understand exactly how frustrating is to have most of your body fat carried on your abdominal whilst your legs remain skinny. Especially since I was concerned that if I lost too much weight to achieve a flat stomach, my legs would look even more skinny. But anyway, my best advice would be that you should do cardio. Jogging 3 times a week seemed to help me. I've previously done ab workouts but it didn't seemed to have given me much results since the muscle is just being built up under the layer of fat. So I'd definitely just recommend cardio workouts. I also cut simple carbs (e.g. pasta and white bread) and focused on eating more complex carbs (e.g. oats).
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Start resistance training while maintaining weight.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (22)
22.92%
No (74)
77.08%

Watched Threads