guaranteed weight loss

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
what is the guaranteed way to lose weight? is it just a calorie deficit and to lift weight. also is cardio rlly needed if i stay ontop of my deficit with diet?
Advertisement
killak434
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Are you a man or a female?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by killak434)
Are you a man or a female?
female,18
ive had a long history with dieting and want to do it the way right now
Advertisement
Bexjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Calorie deficit. You can lose weight by purely being in a deficit. You don’t need to exercise. I would always encourage a healthy deficit and some light workouts. Still ensure your fuelling your body enough though.
Megaman101
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Basically don’t eat **** as in snack on bad foods and only eat at meal times healthily. I reckon interval cardio training burns most calories and fat as it allows a high heart rate with recovery. Eg 200/100M sprints rest and repeat etc
Advertisement
Megaman101
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You can lift weights but cardio would see best results
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Bexjw)
Calorie deficit. You can lose weight by purely being in a deficit. You don’t need to exercise. I would always encourage a healthy deficit and some light workouts. Still ensure your fuelling your body enough though.
thanks for this ill keep it in mind
Advertisement
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Megaman101)
You can lift weights but cardio would see best results
hmm but i dont see the point in cardio if im gonna be eating at my deficit continuously. like if i eat at 1200 everyday for a while i dont see the point in burning more calories. 1200 is 500 below my maintenance. lifting weights is just for the body compo
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hmm but i dont see the point in cardio if im gonna be eating at my deficit continuously. like if i eat at 1200 everyday for a while i dont see the point in burning more calories. 1200 is 500 below my maintenance. lifting weights is just for the body compo
Cardio allows you to eat more but yea your point is correct.
Advertisement
killak434
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’d recommend intermittent fasting - (16/8) but this depends on how motivated you are. I enjoy it but others don’t. This will give you the restrictions to avoid over eating. I’d place small meal intervals in. As you said rapid weight loss, I’d reduce your maintenance calories by 500. As for macro’s (carbs, fasts etc), I would keep them moderate. Try carb cycling / research into it. It’s an efficient way to cut fat. Exercise wise, I’d say start running. Aim for 15 mins every 2 days. Stay consistent, do not skip a day as this will form a habit. As you run, you will get more confident and can increase the time you run for. Eventually you will be running marathons lol. I’d also do some strength training either at the gym or at home. Keep the intensity high so high reps and therefore low weights. Go on YouTube and there should be some workouts. I’d recommend HITT workouts or dumbell ones.
killak434
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Also remember, do not cut calories drastically to the point your eating barely anything. This will affect your day to day mood, energy etc. This can have very bad consequences on your life and friendships etc. Remember, weight loss is a journey and shouldn’t be rushed.
Advertisement
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’d recommend intermittent fasting - (16/8) but this depends on how motivated you are. I enjoy it but others don’t. This will give you the restrictions to avoid over eating. I’d place small meal intervals in. As you said rapid weight loss, I’d reduce your maintenance calories by 500. As for macro’s (carbs, fasts etc), I would keep them moderate. Try carb cycling / research into it. It’s an efficient way to cut fat. Exercise wise, I’d say start running. Aim for 15 mins every 2 days. Stay consistent, do not skip a day as this will form a habit. As you run, you will get more confident and can increase the time you run for. Eventually you will be running marathons lol. I’d also do some strength training either at the gym or at home. Keep the intensity high so high reps and therefore low weights. Go on YouTube and there should be some workouts. I’d recommend HITT workouts or dumbell ones.
There is no inherent benefit to intermittent fasting btw. Carb cycling is not an efficient way to lose fat, it is used by bodybuilders who to deplete and replete glycogen stores before a competition. Furthermore, only ~3% of the fat on your body comes from carbs. Also why should strength training be high reps and low weights?
killak434
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes I know. I stated this will be an efficient way to stick to a regime and avoid over eating / binge eating. Also, I was giving my personal opinion and what has worked for me. Carb cycling was an efficient way for me to cut body fat down and I am neither a bodybuilder nor competing in a competition. I didn’t mean to put strength training there. I meant high intensity training. You wouldn’t train at high reps with high weights, well in this circumstance you wouldn’t.
Advertisement
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes I know. I stated this will be an efficient way to stick to a regime and avoid over eating / binge eating. Also, I was giving my personal opinion and what has worked for me. Carb cycling was an efficient way for me to cut body fat down and I am neither a bodybuilder nor competing in a competition. I didn’t mean to put strength training there. I meant high intensity training. You wouldn’t train at high reps with high weights, well in this circumstance you wouldn’t.
It was efficient for you bc you cut more kcals on some days and probably did not compensate for the cut carbs. If the objective of your training is to burn kcals, then LISS would be much more better as it is lower impact and can burn a lot more kcals, if the objective is to build muscle and thus burn more kcals while resting then low reps, high weight would be better for most exercises.
Desideri
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yep, calorie deficit.

Things like intermittent fasting or cutting out carbs work for some people, but that’s only because they often cause a calorie deficit. If you did an 16:8 intermittent fast but ate more than your maintenance calories in those 8 hours, you’d still put on weight.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (22)
22.92%
No (74)
77.08%

Watched Threads