do boys get annoyed about female friend losing weight.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
do guys get annoyed when their female friend keeps going on about losing weight and previous EDs.
im always ranting about losing weight to my guy friend and how i hate the way i look. it lowkey sounds like im relapsing my ED. he tells me i look good and that im perfect the way i am but i dont listen and continue with what im doing.
do you think hes legitally annoyed with me and fed up enough to leave me.
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
do guys get annoyed when their female friend keeps going on about losing weight and previous EDs.
im always ranting about losing weight to my guy friend and how i hate the way i look. it lowkey sounds like im relapsing my ED. he tells me i look good and that im perfect the way i am but i dont listen and continue with what im doing.
do you think hes legitally annoyed with me and fed up enough to leave me.
He probably just wants to make sure you're alright.

Are you doing okay? I hope your talking with a professional about how you're feeling about yourself?
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Please seek help before this escalates. It sounds like you are relapsing with your ED. I wish you well. Please take care of yourself.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
He probably just wants to make sure you're alright.

Are you doing okay? I hope your talking with a professional about how you're feeling about yourself?
hmm i see

i havent talked to anyone professional about this. but i know i need to be losing weight. ive had a history of dieting but im adopting my past old habits.
Desideri
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I doubt he’s annoyed with you. He sounds worried about you because if does sound like you’re relapsing with your ED. Please reach out to someone who can help, like your GP or ED/MH team.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pathway)
Please seek help before this escalates. It sounds like you are relapsing with your ED. I wish you well. Please take care of yourself.
aw thanks but im fine. im losing weight in a healthy way
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
aw thanks but im fine. im losing weight in a healthy way
It doesn't sound like it? Besides, even if you are losing it in a healthy way if you don't need (medically) to lose weight, you shouldn't. The way you speak about yourself/your body is not OK either. Seek help.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Desideri)
I doubt he’s annoyed with you. He sounds worried about you because if does sound like you’re relapsing with your ED. Please reach out to someone who can help, like your GP or ED/MH team.
im not sick enough to get help ;/ i reached out before when i was deep in my ED but they let me off as i was barely underweight.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pathway)
It doesn't sound like it? Besides, even if you are losing it in a healthy way if you don't need (medically) to lose weight, you shouldn't. The way you speak about yourself/your body is not OK either. Seek help.
i have PCOS so i know weight loss is crucial. so im not considered sick to professionals as weight loss is essential for me.
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i have PCOS so i know weight loss is crucial. so im not considered sick to professionals as weight loss is essential for me.
I'm sorry to hear you struggle with that. I'd still encourage you to seek help anyway, be persistent. You don't have to suffer needlessly. Perhaps if the ED Service is unhelpful in your area then you could seek help from a psychological POV from a generic MH team. EDs are brutal, I struggle with AN myself, if you need to chat, feel free to send me a message.
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hmm i see

i havent talked to anyone professional about this. but i know i need to be losing weight. ive had a history of dieting but im adopting my past old habits.
I suggest you do talk to someone. Adopting your old habits after having an ED isnt healthy.
Like Pathway said, even if you do need to be losing weight the way your talking about yourself isnt healthy.
Desideri
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
im not sick enough to get help ;/ i reached out before when i was deep in my ED but they let me off as i was barely underweight.
It’s awful how limited mental health help in this country is, but please do try to reach out to your GP again. Your school or university might also be able to provide some help, e.g. a school nurse, counsellor, or wellbeing service.

Weight loss only helps PCOS if you’re very overweight or obese to begin with. In that case a doctor may recommend you try to get to a healthy BMI.

If you’re already a healthy weight or underweight, weight loss is not essential (or a good idea), even if you have PCOS.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Desideri)
It’s awful how limited mental health help in this country is, but please do try to reach out to your GP again. Your school or university might also be able to provide some help, e.g. a school nurse, counsellor, or wellbeing service.

Weight loss only helps PCOS if you’re very overweight or obese to begin with. In that case a doctor may recommend you try to get to a healthy BMI.

If you’re already a healthy weight or underweight, weight loss is not essential (or a good idea), even if you have PCOS.
Okay i understand i am at a healthy weight but im rlly trying to prevent myself from becoming overweight as i gain easily and i just hate the way i look as i have body dismorphia.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (121)
14.42%
I'm not sure (36)
4.29%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (254)
30.27%
I have already dropped out (21)
2.5%
I'm not a current university student (407)
48.51%

Watched Threads