The Student Room Group

what is the difference between AQA and CIE?

what is the difference between AQA and CIE
Hi, thanks for your question. I believe they are simply different exam boards.
I have found this explanation which may help:
'CIE A Level' refers to A Level by Cambridge International Examinations (CIE), while 'UK A Level' collectively refers to A Level by Edexcel, AQA, OCR and all other UK examination boards except CIE. ... UK A Level is intended for students in the UK, while CIE A Level is intended for students outside the UK
Original post by Sarashie

CIE stands for Cambridge International Examinations, it provides international qualifications and examinations for students all around the world who wish to study the English (British) curriculum. The exams are 1. IGCSE, which is the International General Certificate of Secondary Education 2. International AS and A-Level (Cambridge International GCE A-Levels).

AQA is the Assessment and Qualifications Alliance, it provides qualifications and examinations only in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The exams are GCSE, AS and A Level, AQA is a registered charity and independent of the government.
Reply 3
Original post by Future_scientist
CIE stands for Cambridge International Examinations, it provides international qualifications and examinations for students all around the world who wish to study the English (British) curriculum. The exams are 1. IGCSE, which is the International General Certificate of Secondary Education 2. International AS and A-Level (Cambridge International GCE A-Levels).

AQA is the Assessment and Qualifications Alliance, it provides qualifications and examinations only in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The exams are GCSE, AS and A Level, AQA is a registered charity and independent of the government.

oh thank you so much for answering but i also wanted to know if there is a difference between the curriculum and the difficulty level of the different boards ??????
Reply 4
Original post by Katie Whitmore, University of South Wales
Hi, thanks for your question. I believe they are simply different exam boards.
I have found this explanation which may help:
'CIE A Level' refers to A Level by Cambridge International Examinations (CIE), while 'UK A Level' collectively refers to A Level by Edexcel, AQA, OCR and all other UK examination boards except CIE. ... UK A Level is intended for students in the UK, while CIE A Level is intended for students outside the UK

thank you so much for answering i also wanted to know if there is any difference in the curriculum and the difficulty level of the boards???? is it alright if i refer to AQA and edexcel resources for CIE??
(edited 3 years ago)
thank you so much for answering i also wanted to know if there is any difference in the curriculum and the difficulty level of the boards???? is it alright if i refer to AQA and edexcel resources for CIE??

I took CIE and used AQA and Edexcel resources along with my main CIE based books and past papers. The difficulty is roughly the same and there are some slight differences in content in the curriculum but not enough to stop you from using the resources for some extra help.

From what I know, they are just two separate awarding bodies, with AQA being used by schools and colleges in the UK and CIE used by international centres
Reply 7
Original post by am3ricana
I took CIE and used AQA and Edexcel resources along with my main CIE based books and past papers. The difficulty is roughly the same and there are some slight differences in content in the curriculum but not enough to stop you from using the resources for some extra help.

thank you so much i was so confused !!!!!!
Reply 8
Original post by CurryCurry2468
From what I know, they are just two separate awarding bodies, with AQA being used by schools and colleges in the UK and CIE used by international centres

thank you!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest