The Student Room Group

EPQ or MOOC

So after reading the amount of people saying they hated doing EPQ and said that it requires a lot of effort, I'm quite conflicted on which one to pick to do for 6th form. Any advice? And also for time management since i'll be doing 4 A- Levels along with EPQ if I do it.

I've read EPQ has more value since it's an actual qualification unlike MOOC and adds more to a Personal statement and it's also a good look to Unis if you get a good grade but I'm unsure on how well and how much time i'll be able to dedicate it due to doing 4 A levels already :frown:

Any tips and advice and just general information on both will be greatly appreciated!
Do the MOOC. 4 A-Levels and an EPQ is simply not worth it, and you'll risk jeopardizing your grades in your A-Levels. Don't worry too much about EPQ, I know some schools that don't even run it and their students still got offers from top universities. Doing a Mooc and reading around your subject will be great for your personal statement.
I would also recommend the MOOC, but make sure you get the most out of it. A MOOC just mentioned on a form is honestly not that impressive but if you really read around your subject and explain what you learned/maybe how your perspective on the subject changed etc on your personal statement it could work really well for you.

Quick Reply

Latest