The Student Room Group

New Car

When you got a new car did you put seat covers over the chairs?
No, they come with covers already on them.
Reply 2
No I mean newly bought ones?
That doesn't change my answer, the newly bought seats already have covers.
If you mean do I buy some crappy PVC/Pleather seat covers to awkwardly fit over my nice new good ones? Also no. I do have a set of heavy loose fit ones in the boot, but they are basically tarpaulin sheets with elastic loops, I use those if i'm really dirty from work or something.
Reply 4
I didn’t
Reply 5
Ohh okay thanks
I suppose it depends what sort of life you expect the car to have and when/if you are thinking of selling.

For the most part i wouldn't bother...cheap seat covers tend to fit exactly as well as you might think, pain in the literal bum. and something with enough wet/sharp/friction to damage your original seats in the first place will make short work of cheap covers...and likely still damage your original seats underneath.

Best just to look after them in general IMO,
I've never had a new car, and actually put seat covers on because the seats were falling apart.

I like covers though, you can easily clean interior as you just dismantle them and put into the washing machine, and you can alter the interior looks without spending lots of money.

I guess I only wouldn't use covers if I had an Alfa Romeo. Their seats look gorgeous.

Quick Reply

Latest