Want more information about this university?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is the university of Birmingham a good university?
Polygons
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes it's a Russell group uni so definitely
UoB - Arts and Law
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,
I'm doing Spanish and Art History at the UoB. I'm very happy and satisfied after my first year. During my course, I have many trips paid by the uni (London, Berlin) and our amazing career section helps us with searching for placements for our year abroad. At the beginning of this year, a new building near the main library was opened so now we have more space for study etc. The campus is very green and big so there is a lot of space to sit to wait or meet with people. The Guild is also full of halls and rooms where societies meet and some sports activities take place. Also, we have our own art and geology museum, live music concerts at The Barber Institute, some occasional events with food on the campus etc. There's definitely a lot of going on! You can also join volunteering groups or find a job in the Guild or via Worklink (our student job agency).
Moreover, the staff is very helpful and have office hours for students. The students can also find help in writing essays in the Academic Writing Advisory Service if necessary.
I would definitely recommend UoB.

Hope that's helpful

-Karolina
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.29%
I'm not sure (24)
4.29%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (178)
31.79%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.14%
I'm not a current university student (266)
47.5%

Watched Threads