The Student Room Group

PSYCHOLOGY a lvl HELPP

Hey,
So I am going into year 12 in about 2 weeks and doing the bridgework for my a-levels. However, I have been searching for over 2 hours on the definition of correlation hypothesis (H1) and I've got absolutely nowhere and still confused as heck. If ANYBODY could help me out to explain it in simple terms and give me an example that would be great. If it helps, my exam board is AQA. I'm also stuck on whether these concepts are directional or non-directional I'm not sure if I'm right and Idk how to explain it so if anyone could help I would be really grateful. Thanks!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Wow, the help is astronomical... anybody at all? I'm really stuck
1. Non-directional
2. Directional
3. Non-directional
4. Directional

I'm going into my second year of Psychology at uni and can't say I've ever heard of a 'correlation hypothesis'. I'd assume it's just that the hypothesis is testing whether there is a correlation between variables?
Reply 3
TYSM!! wo

Original post by wastedcuriosity
1. Non-directional
2. Directional
3. Non-directional
4. Directional

I'm going into my second year of Psychology at uni and can't say I've ever heard of a 'correlation hypothesis'. I'd assume it's just that the hypothesis is testing whether there is a correlation between variables?

TYSM!! Lmao i'm still confused as to what it is ill keep it as my first question for my teachers lol. Would you mind explaining why there non directional or directional? Tbh I don't think I full understood that concept either tbh so its quite hard to explain :frown:
Reply 4
im really very stuck.. i thought the first one was directional because its predicting the nature of the effect of the IV on the DV? I'm very stuck somebody for the love of god please help me out and explain directional and non directional in a simple way for me?
Original post by Jeonkook
im really very stuck.. i thought the first one was directional because its predicting the nature of the effect of the IV on the DV? I'm very stuck somebody for the love of god please help me out and explain directional and non directional in a simple way for me?

Non-directional is when they say there will be A difference (something will happen)
Directional is when they say the difference will be THIS (this specifically will happen)

So the first one, they don’t state which eye colour will be better/worse at reading, just that eye colour will affect it, therefore it is a non-directional (pretty sure that was q1).
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by HarveyCB
Non-directional is when they say there will be A difference (something will happen)
Directional is when they say the difference will be THIS (this specifically will happen)

So the first one, they don’t state which eye colour will be better/worse at reading, just that eye colour will affect it, therefore it is a non-directional (pretty sure that was q1).

OMG THANK YOUU! I finally understood now
Original post by Jeonkook
OMG THANK YOUU! I finally understood now

Yay! Good to hear!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending