ollst311
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I app considering a career as a financial analyst and am struggling to find out anything about it. Are there any companies that offer finance analyst graduate roles or a graduate program that involves working with responsibilities similar to a finance analyst.
FARAATC
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ollst311)
I app considering a career as a financial analyst and am struggling to find out anything about it. Are there any companies that offer finance analyst graduate roles or a graduate program that involves working with responsibilities similar to a finance analyst.
I think you need to do more research into what you want to do. Youre saying that you want to be a 'financial analysis' but you dont seem to know what that actually is.
ollst311
Rep:
?
I've just had a look and I made a mistake. I would like to do something where I prepare budgets and understand the financial position of a company. From there I would like to advise companies. I wanted to know whether there are any companies or accountency firms that offer graduate programs similar to this.
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I've just had a look and I made a mistake. I would like to do something where I prepare budgets and understand the financial position of a company. From there I would like to advise companies. I wanted to know whether there are any companies or accountency firms that offer graduate programs similar to this.
Pretty much all large companies do, and accountancy firms will train you in the skills to do so.
ollst311
Rep:
?
Okay are these on the form of graduate programs or just job roles.
Mojmeer
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's lot more competitive than Medicine and I mean by a lot. Easily several thousands of applicants per place from which several hundreds will already have years of experience from elsewhere. It's little bit like planning to become an astronaut. It is not impossible in principle, but most definitely it is not something you should rely on.
ollst311
Rep:
?
What are you on about
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mojmeer)
It's lot more competitive than Medicine and I mean by a lot. Easily several thousands of applicants per place from which several hundreds will already have years of experience from elsewhere. It's little bit like planning to become an astronaut. It is not impossible in principle, but most definitely it is not something you should rely on.
You might be thinking about IB? The jobs OP is referring to are nothing like as competitive as getting into medicine.
Mojmeer
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ajj2000)
You might be thinking about IB? The jobs OP is referring to are nothing like as competitive as getting into medicine.
He wants into a graduate scheme in a major accounting/advisory consulting firm. It is way more competitive than you might think. What are the odd for medicine? 1:4 against someone with identical education and experience as you?
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mojmeer)
He wants into a graduate scheme in a major accounting/advisory consulting firm. It is way more competitive than you might think. What are the odd for medicine? 1:4 against someone with identical education and experience as you?
He is talking about grad schemes in an accounting firm or a large/ largish company. I've done on of these and recruited for them also. These are not as tough to get into as consultancy. I'd suggest that someone with the grades (and subjects) to get into medicine would pretty certainly get such as position or a general entry line role which would let them progress.
ollst311
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajj2000)
He is talking about grad schemes in an accounting firm or a large/ largish company. I've done on of these and recruited for them also. These are not as tough to get into as consultancy. I'd suggest that someone with the grades (and subjects) to get into medicine would pretty certainly get such as position or a general entry line role which would let them progress.
Which grad scheme did you do
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Which grad scheme did you do
I was on a big 4 accounting grad scheme.
ollst311
Rep:
?
How did you find it
ollst311
Rep:
?
What did you do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university communicated any last minute changes?

Yes, and they were what I was expecting (11)
18.33%
Yes, and they were not what I was hoping for (15)
25%
Yes, and they don't change my view on attending uni (4)
6.67%
No, I haven't received any communication (30)
50%

Watched Threads