The Student Room Group

Finance analyst

I app considering a career as a financial analyst and am struggling to find out anything about it. Are there any companies that offer finance analyst graduate roles or a graduate program that involves working with responsibilities similar to a finance analyst.
Reply 1
Original post by ollst311
I app considering a career as a financial analyst and am struggling to find out anything about it. Are there any companies that offer finance analyst graduate roles or a graduate program that involves working with responsibilities similar to a finance analyst.

I think you need to do more research into what you want to do. Youre saying that you want to be a 'financial analysis' but you dont seem to know what that actually is.
Reply 2
I've just had a look and I made a mistake. I would like to do something where I prepare budgets and understand the financial position of a company. From there I would like to advise companies. I wanted to know whether there are any companies or accountency firms that offer graduate programs similar to this.
Reply 3
I've just had a look and I made a mistake. I would like to do something where I prepare budgets and understand the financial position of a company. From there I would like to advise companies. I wanted to know whether there are any companies or accountency firms that offer graduate programs similar to this.

Pretty much all large companies do, and accountancy firms will train you in the skills to do so.
Reply 4
Okay are these on the form of graduate programs or just job roles.
Reply 5
It's lot more competitive than Medicine and I mean by a lot. Easily several thousands of applicants per place from which several hundreds will already have years of experience from elsewhere. It's little bit like planning to become an astronaut. It is not impossible in principle, but most definitely it is not something you should rely on.
Reply 6
What are you on about
Reply 7
Original post by Mojmeer
It's lot more competitive than Medicine and I mean by a lot. Easily several thousands of applicants per place from which several hundreds will already have years of experience from elsewhere. It's little bit like planning to become an astronaut. It is not impossible in principle, but most definitely it is not something you should rely on.

You might be thinking about IB? The jobs OP is referring to are nothing like as competitive as getting into medicine.
Reply 8
Original post by ajj2000
You might be thinking about IB? The jobs OP is referring to are nothing like as competitive as getting into medicine.

He wants into a graduate scheme in a major accounting/advisory consulting firm. It is way more competitive than you might think. What are the odd for medicine? 1:4 against someone with identical education and experience as you? :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by Mojmeer
He wants into a graduate scheme in a major accounting/advisory consulting firm. It is way more competitive than you might think. What are the odd for medicine? 1:4 against someone with identical education and experience as you? :biggrin:

He is talking about grad schemes in an accounting firm or a large/ largish company. I've done on of these and recruited for them also. These are not as tough to get into as consultancy. I'd suggest that someone with the grades (and subjects) to get into medicine would pretty certainly get such as position or a general entry line role which would let them progress.
Reply 10
Original post by ajj2000
He is talking about grad schemes in an accounting firm or a large/ largish company. I've done on of these and recruited for them also. These are not as tough to get into as consultancy. I'd suggest that someone with the grades (and subjects) to get into medicine would pretty certainly get such as position or a general entry line role which would let them progress.

Which grad scheme did you do
Which grad scheme did you do

I was on a big 4 accounting grad scheme.
Reply 12
How did you find it
Reply 13
What did you do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending