My back teeth don’t fit together

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi everyone! I’m making an appointment with my orthodontist soon about this so please don’t tell me to do that lol. I was just wondering if the fact that my back teeth don’t fit together is normal? Because I don’t want to go to the dentist and have them say that i went for nothing. I’ll be sooo embarrassed haha. So when I bite, I can’t put my back teeth together. I can only put my front teeth together. I have had braces before and I can bite down on my back teeth with my retainers but not without. Is this normal or should I definitely make the appointment? I’m 17 if that’s important
Chopinnocturne31
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Mesopotamian.
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Chopinnocturne31)
Mesopotamian.
Thanks for the tag

To the OP: it’s not “normal”, ideally all teeth should contact the opposing tooth. But there’s no need to advise you here since you’ve already booked an appointment which is good
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi everyone! I’m making an appointment with my orthodontist soon about this so please don’t tell me to do that lol. I was just wondering if the fact that my back teeth don’t fit together is normal? Because I don’t want to go to the dentist and have them say that i went for nothing. I’ll be sooo embarrassed haha. So when I bite, I can’t put my back teeth together. I can only put my front teeth together. I have had braces before and I can bite down on my back teeth with my retainers but not without. Is this normal or should I definitely make the appointment? I’m 17 if that’s important
No it’s not normal exactly. Braces would be best but if your like me and don’t qualify for NHS treatment it gets very expensive hopefully this helps.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
Thanks for the tag

To the OP: it’s not “normal”, ideally all teeth should contact the opposing tooth. But there’s no need to advise you here since you’ve already booked an appointment which is good
Thank you I was just wondering if you knew if I would have to pay for the treatment because I’ve already had braces and finished the treatment for that about a year ago.
Anonymous #1
No it’s not normal exactly. Braces would be best but if your like me and don’t qualify for NHS treatment it gets very expensive hopefully this helps.
Thanks for your reply. Do you mind if I ask why you don’t qualify for NHS treatment?
Chopinnocturne31
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thanks for the tag

You’re welcome!
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thank you I was just wondering if you knew if I would have to pay for the treatment because I’ve already had braces and finished the treatment for that about a year ago.
You probably will have to pay for treatment if you’re over 18 and don’t qualify for NHS help. However, depending on what exactly the problem is (which no one can tell you over the internet without a physical dental examination and whatnot), the treatment might not be absurdly expensive and it may not necessarily require further orthodontic treatment. Obviously though you need to go to your dentist so they can determine the exact problem and treatment, which you’ve done
Last edited by Mesopotamian.; 4 months ago
Buddingdentist08
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thanks for your reply. Do you mind if I ask why you don’t qualify for NHS treatment?
My problem isn’t severe enough. I’m 13 and there’s a criteria which I don’t meet so the only option is to get private treatment. Hope this helps. Xx
Anonymous #1
You probably will have to pay for treatment if you’re over 18 and don’t qualify for NHS help. However, depending on what exactly the problem is (which no one can tell you over the internet without a physical dental examination and whatnot), the treatment might not be absurdly expensive and it may not necessarily require further orthodontic treatment. Obviously though you need to go to your dentist so they can determine the exact problem and treatment, which you’ve done
What if I’m 17? Is there still a possibility I might have to pay?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Buddingdentist08)
My problem isn’t severe enough. I’m 13 and there’s a criteria which I don’t meet so the only option is to get private treatment. Hope this helps. Xx
Oh, I was hoping it would be free because I’m under 18 thanks so much. Hopefully I will qualify but we will see xx
Buddingdentist08
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Oh, I was hoping it would be free because I’m under 18 thanks so much. Hopefully I will qualify but we will see xx
I thought it was free for under 18s too. Turns out I was wrong. They do need to be quite severe. Good luck. Xx
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
What if I’m 17? Is there still a possibility I might have to pay?
It depends on what the treatment is. As a 17 year old, If you’re still in education and your treatment falls within NHS criterion, it’ll be free.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Buddingdentist08)
I thought it was free for under 18s too. Turns out I was wrong. They do need to be quite severe. Good luck. Xx
It depends on what the treatment is. As a 17 year old, If you’re still in education and your treatment falls within NHS criterion, it’ll be free.
Okay thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.18%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
28.1%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (92)
38.02%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.4%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (8)
3.31%

Watched Threads